Chapter 28: The Defense of Garreg Mach

As Camila was looking up the red skies, Alois approaches her.

"What are you doing?!" The Knight of Seiros shouted. "Get to safety-! Oh! It's you!"

"Sorry, Alois." She apologized. "I never thought this would happen."

"I cannot belive that war is coming." Alois sighed. "And we haven't recovered from the Captain's death."

"But the Knights of Seiros still have you, Shamir and Catherine. Do not give up hope."

"You are right." Alois nodded. "We are the sword and Shield of Saint Seiros after all. We will not hold back!"

"That's the spirit!" The Summoner smiled. "Now let's go and put a stop to this madness!"

"The Knights of Seiros will not give in to turmoil!"

"We'll have to gather our strongest allies." Camila thought to herself.

Adrestian Empire

"Unbelievable..." Monica hissed. "To think those monsters would interrupt Her Majesty's most important day of her life!"

"Though... she did reveal information." Odesia shook her head. "Argatha and Shamballa."

"Indeed." Hubert nodded. "That is the enemy's base. Once everyone is gathered, we will tell the truth."

"Fair point, Hubert." Edelgard said. "But we must make haste for preparations. Odesia, are the Wind Caller's Genesis, the Rafail Gem, the Amalthea tome, the Scroll of Talos, Hrotti, the Iccor Scroll and Suttungr's Mystery prepared?"

"Yes." Odesia nodded. "I believe Father brought somethig for you. Bring in Labraunda!!"

An axe surrounded by the sacred powers of Saint Seiros is brought in.

"Is this-?" Ishta gasped.

"Father hid this weapon away during the Battle against Dagda and Brigid." Odesia added. "It has returned to its rightful heir."

Edelgard put one hand on the hilt of the axe, the weapon giving off a blue glow.

"Labraunda." She said. "Welcome back."

She swings the weapon with ease despite its weight.

"Whoa!" Caspar beamed. "That is amaizing!"

"Monica, Linhardt." Odesia smiled. "You'll get your weapons too."

"Thank you, Odesia." Monica nodded.

"So House Gerth kept so many relics." Linhardt mused, slowly going back to his old self. "Impressive."

"What are your orders, Edelgard?" Ferdinand asked.

"Thank you for asking, Ferdinand." Edelgard said before turning to her troops.

"SOLDIERS OF ADRESTIA!!" She shouted. "TODAY, WE SHALL FIGHT, BUT NOT FOR CONQUEST, FOR UNION!! OUR TRUE ENEMIES HAVE RUINED THE PEACE OF FODLAN!! AND NOW, WE SHOW THEM THAT SHE IS NOT TO BE DISTURBED!!! BY ORDER OF THE ADRESTIAN EMPEROR, EDELGARD VON HRESVELG, WE MARCH TO GARREG MACH TO DEFEND THE LEGACY OF OUR HOME!!!"

The soldiers cheered as Edelgard finished her speech.

"Sweet Edie has grown up so fast." Dorothea said, drying off a tear. "To think that she was out house leader. Now she is the Adrestian Emperor."

"I will be fighting for the Empire and for Brigid." Petra said confidently.

"We're walking to Garreg Mach?!" Bernadetta whimpered. "There go my chances of being in my room... though my Father will be home the entire time, so..."