Chapter 8: Claws of the Abyss

Verdant Rain Moon

The ceaseless rains that satiate the verdant landscape of Fódlan are accompanied by the fierce winds and mighty roars of thunder. This abundance of rain, sparkling as it falls against beams of emerging sunlight, is a constant reminder to the people of Fódlan that nature is ever wild and unpredictable. For when the rain finally does pause, the clouds part to give way to a glorious rainbow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Byleth, Beles, Rhea and Seteth are reunited at the Audience Chamber. Rhea has a grim expression on her face. Beles can tell something is not right.

"Professors, I have recieved news for another mission." The archbishop said. "You must go to Kingdom Territory to rid of a group of bandits that stole a Hero Relic."

"The leader of the bandit group is Miklan, the disowned eldest son of House Gautier..." Seteth added. "And the stolen relic... is House Gautier's Lancie of Ruin."

"Why was Miklan disowned?" Byleth asked.

"It is because he lacked a Crest." Rhea answered. "He must know... that the Hero Relic does not see him as worthy..."

"One of our knights will help you out." Seteth remarked. "Remember... use the Sword of The Creator Wisely... and do not let the Archbishop down."

"Before you leave..." Rhea raised one hand. "Jeralt is looking for you. You can ask around if you both like."

Byleth nodded... but Beles still looked scared.

"What is wrong, Professor Beles?" Seteth looked at the Blue Lion Professor.

"That man... Miklan... is he... Sylvain's brother?" She asked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Wait... what?!" Camila was shocked. "A bandit stole a Hero Relic?!"

"Indeed." Dimitri nodded. "That's no ordinary bandit... that is Miklan Aschanutz Gautier..."

"Isn't Miklan Sylvain's borther?" Edelgard said. "You know how worried he is..."

"He said that he doesn't see Miklan as his brother." The Blue Lion House leader shook his head.

"Are we gonna get ambushed by missles again?" Claude asked.

Alfonse glared at him and slowly unsheated Folkvangr.

"Easy..." Camila said softly as she sat him back down.

"Anyway..." Edelgard shook her head. "Having a Hero Relic stolen is quite unheard of."

"And last month, the Sword of the Creator was almost stolen." Dimitri added.

"Also quite unheard of..." The Black Eagle Leader finished.

"Anyway..." Alfonse changed the topic. "We got word of the Professor's Crest... it is the Crest of Flames... the same Crest that Nemesis bore."

"What a strange discovery..." Claude said. "If Teach really does have that Crest, no wonder Professor Hanneman almost made a mess in his office."

"The Flying instructor, Professor Hanama, had to make sure he keeps his posture." Dimitri added.

"Um... Edelgard." Linhardt walked in with a noticible frown.

"Linhardt, we're in the middle of Discussion." The silver haired girl added. "Is something the matter?"

"I... I'm going to sit out on this month's mission." The green haired boy sighed.