FEH × FE3H Chapter 27: To war

Pegasus Moon

The northern lands are enveloped in a bitter cold, and frigid winds are carried across the sea to the south of Adrestia. When feather-white snow falls on Fódlan's Locket, the fort looks as delicate as a pearl. However....beneath that snowy blanket, her Throat is more treacherous than ever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before he went to oversee Edelgard's coronation, Byleth arrived to Garreg Mach alone. He knew he had missing things to deal with.

First, he entered Jeralt's Quarters and saw his Father's diary on top of a desk. Curiousity got the best of him and he grabbed the book. He opened up a lot of entries until he arrived to the entry of the 20th day of the Horsebow Moon, Imperial Year 1159.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Day 20 of the Horsebow Moon. All is cloudy. I can't believe she's dead. Lady Rhea said she died during childbirth. But is that the truth? And still, the child she traded her life for doesn't make a sound. Didn't even cry at birth. However... the other child is as normal as a baby can be.

Day 25 of the Horsebow Moon. It's raining. The older baby doesn't laugh or cry. Not ever. Lady Rhea says not to worry, but a baby that doesn't cry...isn't natural. Had a doctor examine the older child in secret. He said the pulse is normal, but there's no heartbeat. No heartbeat!

Day 2 of the Wyvern Moon. Sunny. I feel I must take the children and leave. But the church is always watching us... I don't know what Lady Rhea has planned. I used to think the world of Lady Rhea. Now I'm terrified of her.

Day 8 of the Wyvern Moon. More rain. I used the fire that broke out last night to fake the children's deaths. Lady Rhea is in a state over the news. But I can't change what I've done. I've got to take the children and leave...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Byleth almost dropped his father's diary when he saw the truth... the children that were "killed". Those were him and Beles... but... he and Beles are alive... thanks to their mother, Sitri.

He wanted to scream, to cry, to shout at the skies. But he saw a red thread in between the pages. He grabbed the thread, revealing a small leather pouch. Upon opening the pouch, he saw...

"Mother's ring..." He muttered to himself. "Of course... Jeralt said that once the time comes, one of us will have the ring... and we will give it to someone we love... as well as he loved her..."

He puts the ring back in the pouch, which he places in his bag, thinking Beles deserves it more than he does.

But as soon as was about to leave the Captain's Quarters.

Camila was standing there, doing nothing.

"Gah!" Byleth almost shouted. "You scared me."

"Sorry." The brown haired summoner shrugged. "I get that A LOT. Anyway... what brings you at Garreg Mach?"

"I was finishing some business at Jeralt's room..."

"You mean Your Father's diary?"

Byleth's eyes widened when she said that.

"How do you-?"

"Seteth read Jeralt's diary." Camila answered. "He was very suspicious of your... behavior and Rhea's overprotectiveness towards you."

"And I thought Seteth did not trust me."

"I thought so too... Maybe the incident at the Holy Masoleum changed how-"

Camila was interrupted by Sothis running in.

"There you are!" The green haired girl said, fixing her Officers Academy Uniform disguise.

"Sothis?" Camila tilted her head. "What happened?"

"Go. Outside." Sothis hissed.

Camila and Byleth run outside the Monastery. They look at the sky and see that it has beem covered by dark red clouds.

"The sky..." Camila gasped.

"What happened?!" Byleth asked.

Suddenly, a hologram of Eitri appears above the dark red skies.

"CITIZENS OF FODLAN!!" The hologram said. "TODAY IS THE DAY OF YOUR SALVATION! THE CHURCH HAS DECIEVED YOU ALL, SEPARATING THE WORLD YOU LOVE SO DEARLY INTO AN EMPIRE, A CHURCH AND AN ALLIENCE AND CONTROLLING WITH THE POWER OF CRESTS, NOBILITY AND RICHES!! TODAY, WE STAND AGAINST THE CORRUPTION OF CREST AND NOBILITY!! FOR I, FOREST SAGE EITRI OF Niðavellir, DECIDE THAT ALL OF FODLAN, WILL DECLARE WAR, ON THE CHURCH OF SEIROS, THE ADRESTIAN EMPIRE, THE HOLY KINGDOM OF FAERGHUS AND THE LEICHESTER ALLIECNCE IN HONOR OF Niðavellir, ARGATHA AND SHAMBALLA!!!"

"What is going on?!" A female student shrieked.

"War?!" A male student yelled.

"But it's not Graduation time yet!" Another male student cried.

"Everyone! Calm down!" Catherine shouted. "Leave this to the Knight of Seiros! Go to your rooms!"

"Thunder Catherine!" A female student cheered. "We're saved!"

Everyone started evacuating... except Byleth, Sothis, Camila and some Knights of Seiros. Sothis returned to the guests room while Byleth went to inform Rhea.

"What are you planning, Eitir?" Camila hissed.

TO BE CONTINUED