Final Chapters 7: Byleth Eisner

Alfonse noticed that Byleth and Camila were absent. Perhaps they were tired, so he shrugged it off. Ten minutes passed and they haven't returned. He went towards Edelgard, who was talking with Ishta, Hubert and Monica.

"Edelgard?" The Askran Prince asked the Adrestian Emperor. "Have you seen Camila and the Professor?"

"Oh?" Edelgard tilted her head. "Come to think of it, I saw Camila follow Professor Byleth to the Holy Mausoleum, so they probably headed there."

"I see... Perhaps they weren't one for-"

Alfonse was interrupted when Camila arrived running, alone. Sweat was beading from her face and fear was shown in her dark brown eyes.

"Camila!" Alfonse ran to her without thinking. "Are you ok?! Goodness, you're shivering... and sweating a lot! Are you catching a fever?"

The summoner shook her head as a no.

"Oh dear..." The Askran Prince's worry grew. "What happened? Wait... where's Byleth?"

"Without saying anything, Camila ran off again.

"Hey! Wait!" Ashe called out.

"It'd be wise to follow her." Ferdinand stated. "Maybe she can explain along the way."

"Ferdie's right." Dorothea nodded. "Let's go."

Everyone followed Camila to the Sealed Forest.

"Why are we in the Sealed Forest?" Catherine said. "You know this place is off... limits..."

Suddenly, everyone looked at the dragon standing in front of them. Its blood red eyes glaring at them and teal and mint scales scaling through the environment of the Sealed Forest.

"What is that?!" Annette shrieked.

"A dragon?!" Ignatz tried to stay brave.

"Is that... Byleth?!" Beles gasped in horror when she saw what her brother became.

"It is..." Rhea shook her head. "The Shattered Crest Stone barely healed... and it Corrupted him into a draconic form the Goddess Sothis has... the Progenitor Goddess."

"What do we do?!" Bernadetta cried. "I don't want to hurt the Professor!"

"He taught us how to be ourselves..." Dorothea shook her head. "And now... because of a heroic sacrifice, he is no longer himself..."

"Damn it!" Caspar tried to hold his tears. "This can't be the end of Professor Byleth! I don't want to fight him!"

"This all happened because of a Crest Stone that was never heard of..." Ferdinand sighed. "Why did it have to come to this?"

"He must have been in so much pain..." Linhardt tried not to cry. "Just like me during the time I was tortured by Sirena... He helped me out of the darkness, so I will repay him by doing the same thing..."

"The suffering must have been short." Petra stayed determined. "Let us save the Professor from suffering."

"It is because of him that I was freed from the darkness." Dimitri said. "He became the guiding light of Faerghus, so I will guide him back to normality!"

"Professor Byleth saved His Highness in Remire Village." Deduce said. "Now I will pay him back for his kind deeds."

"I haven't had the chance to give Professor Byleth the chance to spar with me." Felix said. "Now... I will show my skills by freeing him!"

"Hey... Guess it came to this." Sylvain sighed. "I was reminded of Miklan when I saw Byleth transformed into this. Now... I will save him and spare him, unlike my fool of a brother."