Chapter 13: Missing

Horsebow Moon

As cold air begins to creep in from the north of Faerghus, Fódlan welcomes the riches of fall. The women spend their days reaping the golden fields, gratefully embracing the bounty the goddess has once again provided. The men venture into the wild with horsebows and empty sacks ready to be filled with game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the beginning of the month, everyone was told what happened by Beles, Camila and Alfonse. Caspar was absent because he was at the Training Grounds punching a poor training Dummy.

"Flayn and Linhardt have gone missing?!" Ignatz gasped.

"This is really terrible..." Mercedes shook her head.

"How could Linhardt have gone missing?" Annette asked. "I saw him at the library when we left."

"The first clues we have are that they haven't left Garreg Mach." Beles states. "And also, the bookshelf at the library is broken."

"Apperently, there was a struggle." Camila stated. "Also, I found this."

She shows them the white hair ribbon.

"Oh no..." Dorothea turned pale. "That's Lin's hair tie!"

"Hm..." Claude has one hand on his chin.

"What ridiculous scheme are you thinking of, Claude?" Lorenz scuffed.

"Fortunately for you, Lorenz. It is not a scheme." The Golden Deer leader said. "Since Flayn and Linhardt would never leave Garreg Mach, why not suspect that they have been kidnapped?"

"I don't think that lightens the mood, Claude?" Dimitri shook his head.

"Actually..." Edelgard raised her hand. "Claude has a point. The struggle at the library certainly was suspicious for a disappearence."

"We should get clues for who kidnapped them." Yuri stated. "Maybe we could find suspects."

"That's not bad, Yuri!" Rene gasped.

"The scumbag who kidnapped Flayn and Linny is going to pay for what he did!" Hapi scowled.

"You almost let out a sigh, Hapi." Alfonse warned.

"Sorry about that, Fonso." The red haired girl shook her head. "I was... just reminded of myself in that same position."

"Let's get started." Beles asked. "We have a long day, everyone."

Everyone was given their task for the mission.

Edelgard, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue, Claude, Hilda, Yuri and Rene would be marking off who would be a suspect and who would not.

Camila and Caspar would investigate the library since the former found out about the stuggle the previous day.

Bernadetta would be searching the dormitories while hiding in her room at the same time.

Petra and Valeria would use stealth to try to locate Flayn and Linhardt.

Lysithea would help Cyril in searching for Flayn in the Reception Hall.

Alfonse would be at the Marketplace getting clues from Shamir and Anna.

"By the way, I would stay away from a mysterious dagger if I were you." Anna stated. "That Crest will temporarily nullify your Crest."

Alfonse took note of that.

Mercedes and Sylvain are searching at the Officers Academy with the former tending to the  latter's punch wound by Ingrid just because he suggested that Flayn might have eloped.