Bonus: Support: Starry Name (Rene and Yuri)

The 12th day of the Verdant Rain Moon was quiet for Garreg Mach. Even night time felt soundless.
Yuri was looking up at the stars at the bridge to the Cathedral. He was lost in thought on how he was helpless when he had the perfect plan to turn on Aelfric and save his mother and his men.

His wrist hurt after Byleth's life was saved thanks to a Successful Rite of Rising that was supposed to be for Sitri's revival.

"Yuri?" Rene's voice echoed. He turned around and saw the girl standing near the gates of the Reception Hall.

"Rene?" He asked. "Why are you outside at this hour? Don't you need some rest?"

"Can't sleep." That was the only reply she had.

"And you decided to keep me company, even though your other self tried to poison me." The lilac haired young man added.

"Yeah..." She nodded. "Sorry."

They both looked at the sky in silence. Rene could see that Yuri's eye was always on one peculiar star.

"Do you have a favorite star?" She asked.

"See that star on the far left?" Yuri pointed at the far left and Rene follwed his direction. "Hapi told me that this star is named after a man the Goddess made a saint. And it's the Brightest star on that constellation."

"You seem well informed, Yuri." She chirped. "How do you know of that?"

Yuri keot quiet. He knew that the only people who use his name... his real name... were his mother and those who were close to him. Yet... Rene always stuck by his side and NOW she was asking how he knows about that star.

He then took a deep breath.

"Becomes... that's where my mother got... my real name from." He answered.

"Your real name?" Rene tilted her head.

"You see..." Yuri knelt down to face her. Why did she have to be so short? "Yuri Leclerc... the identity I am using... is just an alias. My name... my REAL name... is Regulus. My mother is a devout woman. And she loves stargazing. That is why she decided to name me after that star... the star called Regulus."

Silence occured. Yuri knew he would be yelled at by the girl who looked up to him because he was too focused on hiding himself, his past and his crimes.

Instead, Rene hugged him.

"Thank you for telling me." She said. "You have such a bright name... Regulus is beautiful. But... I would rather call you Yuri, still."

"You would still call me Yuri?" Yuri gasped, shocked by her words.

"Yeah. You'll still be Yuri to me." Rene smiled.

Yuri smiled back as he accepted Rene's hug.

The two looked at each other for a while.

"Remember that promise you and Aelfric made?"" The Ashen Wolf leader asked.

"Yeah..." Rene nodded. "That I would be cured of my other self... The other self that surfaced with my Crest of Ernest. I'm afraid it will no longer be kept."

"Then let me keep that promise you both have." Yuri held her hand.

"Are you sure, Yuri?" Rene shook her head.

"Of course." Yuri nodded. "It is my duty as the guardian of Abyss, as the Leader of the Ashen Wolf House... and as your friend."

Tears streamed down Rene's eyes. She tried not to sob, but Yuri's kindness really touched her despite his cunning ways.

"Thank you, Yuri..." She smiled.

"Of course, Kid." Yuri smiled back.

Yuri knew that he would continue to lead Rene to a right path as Yuri and that he would work hard to keep the promise Aelfric made to her as Regulus, however, he didn't mind. Rene Ilstor was still a member of the Ashen Wolf House and a part of his gang.

END OF SUPPORT