Chapter 7: Alfonse and the Rite of Rebirth

Blue Sea Moon

As the sun grows stronger and the nights grow ever shorter, the Blue Sea Star returns to the sky once more. Believed to be the goddess's home, her followers look to the star and commence celebrations of her rebirth. On the grounds of Garreg Mach Monastery, a grand ceremony is held in honor of this much anticipated event. Every true follower of the Church of Seiros is sure to be in attendance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Camila, Alfonse, Byleth, Beles, Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude are reunited at the Reception Hall.

"So we got a letter with the emblem of a gear, telling us about an assassination plot on Lady Rhea." Claude sighed. "And we are tasked with stopping the enemy and protecting her."

"You are right, Claude." Byleth says. "But this might be a distraction."

"You have a point, Professor Byleth." Dimitri nods. "The enemy could kidnap Camila and Alfonse at any point now."

"And all of this will happen on the day of the Goddess' Rite of Rebirth." Beles added. "It seems that there is more security this year compared to last year."

"But this doesn't mean we will stand by idly." Alfonse said, calming rage sounding in his voice. "I won't let them take me or my beloved summoner!"

Silence occured. Claude snickered a little, which caused Dimitri to elbow him in the chest.

"I appreciate the concern, Alfonse." Camila smiled. "But you know I won't let you get taken away. And I can protect myself."

"You two must be close to each other." Edelgard stated. "It's like you're childhood friends."

Before Alfonse couls reply, a dark purple haired woman and a black haired boy walked to them.

"A secret meeting, Professors?" The woman asked. "We haven't been introduced. The name is Shamir."

"Shamir is one of the Knights of Seiros." Claude added. "And this little go-getter over here is..."

"I work for Lady Rhea and I'm Shamir's apprentice." The boy introduced himself. "Oh. The name is Cyril."

"You work for Lady Rhea?" Beles asked.

"Of course. I help Lady Rhea with all kinds of stuff." Cyril answers. "I've gotta protect Lady Rhea, so that's why I've gotta learn all I can from Shamir."

"Cyril adores Rhea." Shamir smiled. "That aside, if you need anythint, you may ask."

Alfonse watched as everyone interacted with Shamir. It was like some part of his old self was returning. And Old self he hated the most ever since meeting Camila, who took the name of Kiran. An old self who refused to make friends and saw others as allies.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

At the cafeteria, Linhardt yawned loudly to the point that Camila heard him as she was getting some steak for dinner.

"Lost sleep?" She asked.

"Actually..." The green haired boy rubbed his eyes. "I stayed up all night reading a really exciting book." He looked around. "By the way. Have you heard the rumors?"

"Rumors?" The summoner tilted her head.

"Yes." The Black Eagle Student nodded. "Recently, there are tons of rumors about below Garreg Mach Monastery. Cities that are buries underground with tons of shady people. I only heard the name... apperently. It is Abyss."