Chapter 2: Great Tree Moon Mock Battle

Garreg Mach Monastery, Fodlan, Imperial Year 1180

The Monastery was lively with its many knights and monks. Merchants and churchgoers are always seen inside the Monastery because it is the safest place of Fodlan.

The Officers Academy was also filled with curious students who wish to learn about Fodlan.

The Golden Deer House was gathered around the table with Claude von Reigan discussing the map of Fodlan. Ignatz Victor steadied his glasses as he looked at the map. Hilda Valentine Gonreil was barely listening to the discussion while Lorenz Hellman Gloucster was glaring suspiciously at Claude. Raphael Kirsten was enjoying a piece of meat he got at the Dining Hall. Lysithea von Ordelia was taking notes with Marianne von Edmund sitting next to her. And Leonie Pinelli was polishing her bow.

At the Black Eagle House, Edelgard von Hresvelg was making a speech as she showed her Minor Crest of Seiros with Hubert von Vestra next to her. Ferdinand von Aegir was nobly fixing his hair. Linhardt von Hevring was suddenly awoken by... something. Caspar von Bergliez was struggling to read a book with Petra Macneary sitting next to him. Dorothea Arnault approached the class while Bernadetta von Varley was sitting under the table with a book on her head.

At the Training grounds, the Blue Lion House were training their respective weapons. Ashe Ubert was practicing his archery while Annette Fantine Dominic watched how skilled her classmate was at the bow and arrow. Sylvain Jose Gautier was teaching Ingrid Brandl Galatea how to steadily hold the lance, with the blond haired girl pushing back without looking at him. And Mercedes von Martriz watched a sparring section between Dedue Molinaro, Felix Hugo Fraldarius and Dimitri Alexandre Blayddid.

Byleth and Beles were called by Rhea for a small talk. Alfonse and Camila were with the Archbishop, the latter now wearing her own version of the Officers Academy uniform. The black jacket had short sleeves instead of long sleeves, her skirt reached up past her knees, she was wearing blue socks and white shoes.

"Hello, Professors." Rhea smiled. "I wondering if you could help introduce yourselves and our special guests to the students."

"Of course." Beles smiled. "It would be my honor."

"I have a question..." Byleth said. "Why hire the both of us instead making one a mercenary and the other a Professor."

"Because it would be heartless of me to give one of you special treatment." The teal haired woman shook her head. "Which is why I decided to make you both Professors."

"The other Professor ran away during the bandit situation." Alois, who had walked up to the five of them with Seteth, added. "And I thought it would have been better for the both of you to have the role of Professor."

"Make sure you all behave with the students." Seteth crossed his arms. "We do not want any trouble for the Monastery."

"Alright." Alfonse nodded. "We'll try our best."

Rhea told Byleth, Beles, Camila and Alfonse how to get to the Officers Academy. Camila barely paid attention, so Alfonse had to repeat the steps for her three times.

The four went to the patio of the Officers Academy. Camila saw a masked man glaring at her and felt creeped out.

Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude were talking outside their respective homerooms when the four of them arrived.

"Greetings." Dimitri bowed. "We heard the news. You are to be our newest Professors and Honorary students respecitvely."

"We never got transfer students in the Officers Academy outside the Black Eagle House, honestly." Edelgard added. "Let us introduce ourselves. I am Edelgard von Hresvelg, leader of the Black Eagle house and heir of the thorne to the Adrestian Empire."