Chapter 25: Edelgard, the Flame of Hope

Sothis, Arval, Byleth, Shez, Shelle and Camila arrive to a realm of different dreams. They must be sleeping.

"Sothis, is something the matter?" Camila asked as she faces the green haired girl.

"You look really concerned, Arval." Shelle added.

"Unfortunately..." Arval shook their head. "We seem to have detected something... something terrible."

"A terrible war happened... and it is not started by the Empire, Kingdom or Allience..." Sothis added. "It is caused by the kingdom aiming to kidnap the Summoner and the Askran Prince... and a faction working alongside them... however... they aim to destroy Fodlan... and they wish to abolish the Church..."

"Those who slither in the dark..." Shez speaks. "That's what the man named Hubert calls them."

"They must have some sort of shapeshifting powers." Shelle added. "They fooled a lot of people."

"Like Solon... I think that's his name... taking in the form of Tomas the Librarian... and Kryptonia taking form of a Gloucester Soldier..." Camila said. "Apperently, according to Aster, she was supposed to take the form of the daughter of House Pryderi, and she stopped Kronya from taking the form of Monica."

"They also incited events such as the Insurrection of Hrym and Ordelia, the Insurrection of the Seven, the mass deaths of the Ordelia and Imperial Children, the Tragedy of Duscur." Sothis was interrupted by Byleth.

"Wait...." Byleth said. "How do you know all of this, Sothis? From what I recall, you have no memory..."

Sothis was hesitant at first since she is accompanied by Arval, however, before she could begin, ANOTHER SOTHIS (Byleth's Sothis) came in.

"I regained my memory when you almost died at the Holy Masoleum..." The other Sothis answered.

"TWO of them?" Arval thought to themself.

"Sothis is the name... but I am also known as the Beginning." Byleth's Sothis said. "I am the Progenitor of all and the Mother of those who call Fodlan home... I am Sothis. She who died and was reborn." She turned to Arval. "You. You were the one who was supposed to dispose of me. Yet... you chose to protect my vessel. I shall be thankful."

"Arval?" Shez thought to himself.

Camila was the only one who has no reaction since she is accostumed to duplicate Heroes in Askr. She is the Summoner, after all.

"I suppose you can say that." Arval says. "Just like you... I bare no memory of my past before meeting my two partners in destiny.

"And you are both correct." Byleth's Sothis says. "A faction slithering in the darkness is spreading chaos around Fodlan. And we must stop it."

"You can count on us, Sothises." Camila nodded. "Arval."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guardian Moon

Long ago, the guardian Seiros made an appearance during this moon. She had been summoned by the goddess, whose soul was suffering as the flames of war raged across Fódlan. Some believe that high in the sky above Seiros, the Immaculate One's mighty wings are what powered the strong winds carrying the guardian and her forces into battle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edelgard, Hubert and Ishta arrived to the Audience Chamber, where Rhea and Seteth are waiting for the Knights of Seiros.