Prologue: Life Before

A/N: Hello all! I just got into Jujutsu Kaisen and decided to write a Lil fanfic. This story deals with some adult topics and even harmful topics. I mean anything is fair game so, if you're not comfortable with it please save your sanity and leave. I will put warnings so you can skip some chapters in case you still want to read them. 

There are SPOILERS from the show and potential manga. Look I don't read it, but I did see some potential things happening. So read your risk because even I don't know if it's true or not.

Also, souls will work differently in this fanfic try to keep that in mind. This will follow the plot at first until it goes off the rails.

Please enjoy!

warning: mentions depression, suicide, and self-harm in this chapter.

~~

"Fuck, shit, fucking pop tart of the holy genie bottle," you curse, under your breath.

You glare at your hands as they move to wrap sandwiches, trying to move fast. This is not where you thought you would be in your life. You had gone through multiple jobs, waitressing, food service, and customer service, all ending up hating life. 

No that's not accurate, you hate life because you were unfortunately gifted with mental illnesses. And because you're now on your own, going through job after job you didn't have access to your medication. It's causing you to spiral into the same abyss you're familiar with in life. 

You don't want to wake up, don't want to get out of bed, and can't stop drinking. 

Now your current job is being a lunch lady. 

You grit your teeth in anger as you finish wrapping the sandwich. "Y/N I need you to go ahead and wrap 200 more subs," your manager said. You look at him, suppressing your irritation down. "But I have to serve in twenty minutes," you answer, trying to keep your tone as neutral as possible.  You despise this job, but you can't afford to lose it.

"Then I suggest you speed up your work," he said, hardening his gaze at you. The bulky man went into his office and shut the door as you peer back down at the sandwiches. 'Wish I got hit by a fucking car just so I couldn't come in today,' you thought. You shake your head and get angry at yourself.

'Just do it, your life isn't so bad,' you thought.

But you still couldn't find yourself wanting to brighten up your mood. A young adult woman who was promised that she could do anything she dreamed of....can't even do them. 

Another cog in the wheel in society. Working nine to ten hours of shifts, underpaid that you had to move into dangerous neighborhoods, and can't even enjoy life. You grit your teeth and move on to make two hundred more subs. You're only in your early twenties yet you don't even see a future. 

No, you can't see a future.

Not in this life.