Chapter Seventeen: Soon

Yuji's eyes widen when he feels something is wrong. He was holding the towel in his hand after coming back from his fight with the two curse's that turned out to be human. 

His heart races as Nanami looks at his watch. 

"Ijichi and Y/N should've been back by now," Yuji grumbles. 

'She's fine right? She should be fine.'

"Quit complaining, your stupid thoughts are interfering with my sleep," Sukuna grunts. Yuji ignores him and feels his hands clench into fists. You'll be alright, you're really tough and you have Ijichi by your side. 

There was a rush sound of footsteps and the door to the room slams open. There you are, covered in blood and have a very angry expression. 

"Y-Y/N please calm down," Ijichi appears behind you, also covered in blood. Yuji stares as his jaw drops and slowly stands. Before Yuji could get out a word a deep voice rumbles in the room. 

"The hell happened to you kid?" Sukuna asked. 

Y/N blinks a couple of times as she stares at the mouth on Yuji's cheek. You clear your throat and brush your hair back. "Curse attacked us on the highway," she spoke. "Destroyed the car, we had to hitch a ride on the way back." 

Ijichi immediately heads to the bathroom as Y/N once again looks lost in thought. Yuji stands and walks up to her, gripping her chin and make her look up. He takes his towel and begins wiping the blood off her face. 

"You weren't hurt were you?" Yuji asked, concerned.

"Did you win?" Sukuna asked, intrigued. 

"Sukuna!" Yuji growls. Yuji felt irritated by the way he's just talking to Y/N. As if the two were getting close, maybe even becoming friends. He can't allow that, Sukuna is pure evil. You did smile and look Yuji then at Sukuna's eye.

"I'm fine, the Curse was big, but yes to answer your question Sukuna I did win." 

"Why are you all bloodied and how did you hitch a ride covered in this much blood?" Yuji asked, curious. "Oh that was easy!" you said, grinning. "Because the car was crushed, I had Ijichi and I pretend we were so injured we needed a ride to the hospital. Soon as they dropped us off and left we just walked the rest of the way here in the rain. Did scare a couple of people though."

"You were attacked on the high way?" Nanami questioned.

"Yeah..." Yuji can see your jaw tense, but relaxes for a second.  You let out a sigh and turn around. "I better go clean up." You leave the room and Nanami grunts out in annoyance. 

"Whoever is behind this, stopped her from getting sent away," he spoke. 

"Sent away? What do you mean?" 

Nanami adjusts his glasses, looking at the boy. "Y/N's little brother was at the theater, to make sure her personal feelings wouldn't give us a disadvantage I was going to have her sent away on another mission."

Yuji's eyes widen and feels anger boiling in his heart. "You were going to send her away while her brother may be in danger?" he asked. 

"Or her brother may be a part of this, Gojo told me how overprotective she was. Her young brother would have the triple overprotectiveness from her. If her brother were apart of all this, who's to say she wouldn't turn against us to save her own kin." 

"Ah, you sorcerer's are all the same.

Yuji grew annoyed and slap his cheek again, only for the mouth to appear on the back of his hand. "When it comes to it will you kill her little brother?" Sukuna taunts Nanami and Yuji. "Hm? Protecting society from us Curses yet will kill children without hesitation?"