Special Chapter: Fatherhood

warning: gore

-

Sukuna has always dreamed of having an heir. The thought of having a child of his own, and leaving a legacy has never left his mind.

Until that became a reality of actually dealing with a baby.

Ryomen Yuji was crying all day and all night. The only time he would not cry is if you held him and he would immediately calm down. At first, you were happy to do so, but now there are bags under your eyes as you desired to sleep.

Yes, curses don't need to sleep, but you love to sleep.

Sukuna covers his ears as Yuji wails for the sixth time today. His two sets of arms try to rock him to calm him down as his other two hands cover his ears. He has no idea what he's doing wrong, but he just can't get his son to calm down.

You can see Sukuna about to lose his mind so you go up to him, taking Yuji from him. "Sukuna go take a breather," you said, holding your son.

"You're more exhausted than I am," he argues, trying to take his son back. But the moment Yuji is in your arms, he calms down a lot.

Does his own son...hate him?

The thought angered him and he decided to take your advice. "Fine, I'll take a breather." He heads to the apartment's balcony and you let out a sigh, sitting on your bed. Of course, you're exhausted, but you know Sukuna is not used to being around children.

Especially raising them.

You've had your siblings, growing up with all the fussing, crying, and whatnot so you're used to it. Sukuna most likely had the fantasy of having his kid, not realizing the reality of kids is different.

Raising children is the toughest job out there.

You rock Yuji in your arms, little whimpers escaping from him as he calms down slowly. You don't know why he fusses more when he is near his father. But you remember your grandmother always telling you that you would always scream and cry near her, but you love her dearly.

It's just baby things.

But you know your husband is taking it to heart, you don't know how to comfort him. Or it's not a big deal and he's just a mama's boy. Either way, you know it frustrates Sukuna.

Yuji sleeps soundly and you went to lay him down in his crib. You waited a bit worried if he's going to wake up but he doesn't. "You little stinker, always wanting me to hold you," you said, smiling. "Mommy wants some sleep too ya know, bug daddy once in a while yeah?" You went back to bed, tired as hell. Your body planted onto the soft pillows, closing your eyes to sleep.

You feel the bed dip and you open your eyes to see Sukuna sitting on the bed, with his back turned to you. "You alright?" you mutter out tiredly. "Didn't think a baby would be this much trouble," he chuckles mockingly.