Chapter Sixteen: Theater

"Damn Megumi's liking posts that are so depressing I hope he's okay," you sighed, looking at your phone. 

"Nobara seems fine without us," Yuji said, in a bland voice. "All her posts are cheerful and about shopping. It's like she doesn't miss us!" Yuji hugs himself in a corner and you went up to him and pat his shoulder. 

"That's not true Yuji, they miss you," you said, comforting him. "I know they miss you, trust me."

'I've spent so much time with Yuji before our 'deaths' they probably didn't bother to remember me,' you thought. 'I don't blame them who would miss someone they barely knew?' 

"You think so?" he asked, beaming up at you. 

Seeing his hopeful smile made you smile just as big as he is. "I don't think Yuji, I know." You finish pouring your coffee as he eats some cookies. It's seven in the morning yet he's eating cookies? Don't blame him, you usually drink in the morning. But you promised Gojo you would stop drinking so you're...going through it right now. 

Your mouth waters just thinking about taking a bottle of wine and chugging the bottle. You know the chance of beating your drinking problem by going cold turkey is rough. You're not sure if you can be successful.

'I just want to drink...'

"You alright? Something troubling you?" You blink and look up at Yuji stuffing his mouth full of chips. 'When did he get those?' you question his speed. "Huh? No, I'm fine." He frowns and gets all close to your face, making you back away and feel a small blush on your cheeks. 

"You have this distant look in your eyes plus something is telling me you're upset." 

"I just miss the guys okay and please personal space," you said, trying to push him back. But the guy was just that strong so he stayed there. "Hm, but you seem upset I just can't explain how I know, are you feeling ill?" He places his hand on your head and you give up on trying to move him. 

He's a little confused about personal space, but he's got the right spirit.

"I'm not sick Yuji," you sigh, placing your hands in your lap. "And what do you mean something is telling you I'm upset?" He goes back to his spot and shoves more chips in his mouth. "It's like somewhere in my heart that you're not feeling well," he said, shrugging his shoulders. 

"You sure it's not Sukuna telling you??" you asked, jokingly. The mouth appears on his cheek, growling. "Like I care what happens to you brat." You shrug your shoulders as Yuji slaps his cheek. "Ugh shut up Sukuna, and no it's not him. I would never listen to him."

"Hm sounds like we could be soulmates or something," you theorized. You take a sip of your coffee as his face suddenly turns pink. "What? But I'm not into you!" 

"Ouch right in my heart," you giggle. "But no silly soulmates are not always couples. They could be ride-or-die friends across time. That or I'm stupid and wrong about the soulmate theory."