Chapter Twenty-Three: Rooftop

A/N: At this point, my chapters keep getting longer and longer.

-

You stare at the plain white ceiling, bored out of your mind. Again you have nothing to do. You can't move your arms because they cut out the armor that failed and had grown your muscle and skin back, which are sore. You're hooked up to a bunch of blood bags, you have a pounding headache.

Just a fabulous time. 

The sound of three knocks on the door grabs your attention. Muttering a "come in", the door opens to reveal Nanami. "I heard you finally got free," he said, entering the room. He has a bowl in his hands as he walks to your bedside. "I'm not intruding am I?"

"Nope, you're just in time for my party," you said, trying to joke. "Come on in, have fun we have blankets, blood, and medicine."

He chuckles, opening the lid on the bowl. "I brought some soup, are you feeling hungry?" You quickly nod and then frown. "I can't move my arms though, sorry for wasting your soup-"

"Why let it go to waste when I can feed you?"

You thought he was joking but he looks as serious as ever. Before you could decline your stomach growls loudly. "Oh alright," you mutter. He moves closer and begins feeding you.  You let out a satisfied hum tasting his soup. 

"That's delicious did you make it?" you asked, amazed. 

"I did," he said, smiling. "It could've been better though, I was in a hurry to make this."

"What are you talking about this is a great soup!"

Sukuna mutters in his domain angrily. "I can make some damn soup."

Eating half of the bowl, you tell Nanami you couldn't eat anymore so he lets it sit on the nightstand. "So where did you learn how to build a shield around you? It's very impressive." Nanami's curious expression watches you as you glance back up to the ceiling.

"I just imagined a shield around me, didn't think it would almost kill me though," you sighed. 

"Mm, you're body was under so much stress from your cursed technique it almost shut down your entire body." You remember the dagger and frown. "Do we know what they stabbed me with?"

"The poison in your veins attacked as some kind of tranquilizer," he explains. "Surprised that didn't kill you because it was a strong dose."

"Boy I'm just on the verge of death all the time now, I can't catch a break!" you laugh. You notice Nanami chuckles as well.

"Quick thinking though, the patch face curse would've had your head if you didn't do that." he praises. The door to your room suddenly swings open and there reveals Gojo! "My children are growing up so fast!" He cries, making you stiffen in the bed. "Gojo how many times must I tell you, use a quiet tone," Nanami scolds him.