Chapter Eight: Pact

You sit outside in the rain, sighing as you can't believe you got separated from everyone. Completely soaked, you tried to hug yourself to preserve heat. It's becoming clear to you now, the story will change on you. As if it knows you're trying to save everyone. 

'You can't save everyone.'

You wipe your face and see Yuji's blood mixed with rain on your palm. You tear up and you clench your teeth together. You used the rain to try to wipe the blood away, but all it does is smear across your face. You held out your phone, looking into the camera to try to get the blood off. You knew he would get his arm cut off, but damn that doesn't mean you're immune to it.

And the last thing the two of you did was argue with each other and you won't see him for two months.

'Way to go Y/N,' you thought, disappointed in yourself. 'Way to behave like a complete child when you're supposed to be mature and handle these situations calmly.'

You shiver from the drop in temperature and wipe the last remaining blood off your face. 'This is the part where Sukuna will fight Megumi and rip out Yuji's heart.' You turn to the building and notice you're at the back of the building. 'I would just get in the way I should stay back here and-'

"Aw got separated from your group, rabbit?"

Your entire body froze with fear as the deep voice chuckles behind you. You are paralyzed as Sukuna walks around you and stands in front of you. You slowly put your phone down and stare at him, bewildered.

He kneels to your face, a calm smile resting on his face.

"Just the two of us alone," he said, smiling and closing his eyes. Your breathing quickens in fear as you panic.

'Fuck why is everything changing!? Did he already fight Megumi? No, he still has his clothes on and Yuji's heart is still inside his chest.' Your body trembles and your hands shake.

"Why are you trembling, I didn't even touch you yet," He said, grinning. He stands tall and walks a few feet ahead of you. "This is what he gets for trying to use me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back. Still, though it's only a matter of time."

He went ahead and rips off the top of the uniform. "So I thought about what I can do now." His hand hovers over his chest where Yuji's heart is. You immediately jump to your feet, reaching out to him.

"Don't do it!" you scream, knowing what's coming next. 

He laughs as he pierces himself through his chest. A terrified gasp escapes your lips as you watch him rip out Yuji's heart. "I'm taking this brat hostage."

"You...you asshole," you mumble out, staring in horror.

"Hm, I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat." Your eyes watch in horror as he flings his heart onto the hard concrete. "Switching out with me means he dies. Also..." He pulls out his second finger, grinning like a fucking madman. "For good measure." He eats his second finger.