Chapter Twenty-Five: Event

warning: some gore.

-

"Since the groups are full you'll be taking on a trial of your own!" Gojo explains. 

You blink as you stand beside Yuji, Nobara, and Megumi as well as the second years. Well that was surprising, you didn't think you would be doing this event on your own. "What? Y/N you won't be my buddy in this battle?" Yuji asked, worried. "We were good partners too. And she'll be by herself?!" 

He hangs his head low and you smile, patting his head. "I hardly call it good teamwork, you did most of the work while I almost bled out and have my organs shut down," you laughed. "Bled out?" Panda asked. 

"Tuna?"

"Oh yeah it's a long story, but don't worry Yuji you'll be able to win," you encourage. His eyes brighten up as you give him your best warm smile. "You've gotten stronger kid, I believe in you."

'And you'll make a new besto friendo.'

"Now, now he's not going off to war," Gojo snickers. "Stop acting like a mother who's sending her little bird to leave the nest." You glare at Gojo, who then clears his throat awkward. "Keep it up and my foot will come into contact with your shin," you threaten.

"How are you going to do that when you can barely reach my knee?" he smirks.

Snap!

"You really wanna die don't you!?" you scream, charging towards him. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Yuji screams, holding you back. You almost get out of his hold as Megumi grabs your other arm and Nobara grabs your leg. They struggle to hold you down. 

"Look here, you blindfolded bastard! Turn off your Infinity and I'll show you how far I can reach your neck!"

Gojo laughs and you huff after Yuji and Nobara tell you to calm down. "Whatever I'll kick your ass one day, I'll know it," you grumble. Your friends let you go and you cross your arms against your chest. You did feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn to see Yuji, grinning at you. 

He leans down to your height and taps his cheek. "How about a kiss for good luck?" he asked, smiling. You blink in surprise as your brain malfunctions at his words. What in the world Yuji? "Eh what-?"

"Are you trying to die early you worm?"

Everyone froze when they heard Sukuna's voice growl. Gojo laughs and pats your shoulders roughly. "Well this was fun, but I must discuss something with Y/N! Be right back guys!" Gojo ushers you away, making you confused. 

"But the event is about to start," you said, confused.

Once you were out of everyone's sight, not noticing the intense glare coming from Yuji. Not until Megumi looks confused and nudges him, "You alright?" he asked. Yuji blinks and quickly nods. "Yeah, yeah I'm alright," he mutters.