Chapter Twenty: Idle Transfiguration

"Don't you mean you'll exorcise me, jujutsu sorcerer!?" Mahito asked mockingly. He licks his lips as Yuji yells out and charges at him. The two head upstairs as you fall to your knees beside B/N. You don't know what happened between him and Yuji to make B/N believe you. You wipe his tears away and close his eyes. 

"I hope your soul makes it back home," you whisper. 

You stand up and heard a crashing sound outside. You stagger in your steps as you head outside to see Yuji falling from the sky.

"Yuji!" you scream out. 

Your eyes widen when Mahito lands in front of you. You let out a strangled yelp as he grabs the back of your neck and thrust you forward. He's not behind you and you feel his hand slam into your back.  

"Switch with Sukuna or see your soulmate get turned as well," Mahito laughs. Yuji's eyes widen and yell, "Wait!" Yuji screams for Sukuna again, but Sukuna didn't appear. 

Asshole.

"Idle Transfiguration." 

"Y/N!" 

You screw your eyes shut, preparing to turn into some grotesque transfigured human. But you didn't feel anything. Nothing happened for a few seconds, making you open your eyes. You raise your hand to your face to see you're still normal.

"What is this?" Mahito whispers. 

 You are questioning the same thing as Mahito. 'Why didn't Idle Transfiguration work on me?' you thought. 

'Your body, mind, and soul are mine.'

Sukuna's words echo in your mind as you gasp softly. 

"No, think of it as me holding onto it," he answers, holding it. "You'll be alive just...soulless in a way."

Because Sukuna is holding your soul, Mahito's transfiguration won't work on you!

"No matter!"

SHICK!

You feel immense pain in your neck as Yuji's screams are going muffled in your ears. It was the last thing you hear as your body drops to the ground. Chaos who's watching from afar grins as he watches your corpse fall to the ground. 

Mahito stabbed you in your nape.

Your death is immediate as Mahito cackles loudly. 

Chaos reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pocket watch. 

"I give her two minutes," he hums, betting on how long it will take you.

To wake back up.

-

Yuji's eyes are wild as he stares at you dropping to your knees before falling to your side. Sukuna also stares in shock. Both had waited for you to make any movement, but Sukuna knew all too well that a stab in that area meant immediate death. 

'Brat switch with me!' Sukuna demands.

His orders fall on deaf ears as Yuji feels everything in him burn. Sukuna even tried to take over, but Yuji wouldn't allow it. It's their fault you died Sukuna's, this Mahito guy, it's all their fault! Yuji screams and charges at Mahito who forms wings on his back and backs away. 

Yuji lands every hit and punches him with such force he was pushed back far away. He refuses to switch with Sukuna, he will kill Mahito himself! He doesn't need Sukuna, he will avenge your death!