Four

[ What's Wrong x Rod Wave ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Josiah

Gunshots surrounded my ears, even through the heavy headphones, the gun's clapping around me made them ring. I let out a deep sigh aiming my gun at the target and squeezing its trigger three times in a row. I smiled watching all three bullets penetrate the same spot on the target.

"God damn, them headshots lethal." Jay yelled over the noise leaving his spot beside me. I laughed, placing my gun on the table and flipping the switch to bring the target back. I'd had enough for the day, my ears couldn't take another second of the torture.

"Don't shoot below the neck." I smirked taking the target down once it arrived in my reach.

"Noted." Jay said, pulling his own target down, and showing his own perfect attempt, "Practice makes perfect." He clapped for himself as I patted him on the back.

"Let's go." I said gathering what was left of the bullets and unloading my gun. He nodded leaving my side to do the same.

The range was my favorite pastime. It was the perfect way to clear my head and blow off steam at the same time. I hated the sound of gunshots but the adrenaline pulling the trigger gave me, was like no other. Especially if it wasn't life or death. It may sound strange but the place was therapeutic to me.

"Thank's Rich." I sat a few twenty dollar bill's on the counter on the way out the door before ringing the bell that sat next to the register.

"Aye, see you later Baby!" The Italian man yelled from the back of the store where I imagined he was stuffing his nose with whatever Jay sold him on the way in.

"Don't snort all that shit in one sitting old man." Jay yelled, pulling his fitted cap down over his fresh haircut.

"Get out of my store, you raggedy mother fucker!" Rich waved him off as I swung the door open.

"You just shitty cause its yo Momma I'm fucking. See you tomorrow bitch ass nigga!" Jay yelled into the door on his way out. Walking into the cool breeze of spring I didn't force the smile on my face. It was early April and the trees had just begun to gain back their color. Spring wasn't my favorite season but it was better than Michigan's cold hearted winter. I shivered at the simple thought before zipping my jacket up to my neck.

"Aye nigga what you finna get into?" Jay asked, jumping on the hood of his car once we exited the building. He pulled a blunt from his pocket and placed it between his lips before tapping his pockets for a lighter. I'd already reached in my pocket to pull mine out knowing the nigga never had a lighter, "Good looks." He caught it effortlessly.

"I'm finna head back to the Dukes crib, see if she cooked dinner then slide home." I said checking my watch. It was rounding five in the afternoon so I knew whatever my mother was putting on the stove had well begun to simmer.

"Lame ass nigga. You don't got no pussy on the floor?" He held the blunt in my direction once it was burning to his liking. I took it, letting the smoke coat my lungs.

"That shit getting played out man, and these women getting too messy. That bitch Des pulled up to Dukes house wilding, mad I blocked her ass. Dukes ain't talk to me for three days after that shit." I told him.

"Yeah she don't play that shit. I told yo ass stop fucking with them old bitches who think you finna settle down, pay they rent, and take care of them six kids you ain't nut out ya sack." He said as I raised my eyebrow at him passing him his blunt back. He threw his hands up brushing me off, "I'm just saying that's all them hoes want from a nigga. You don't give em that they showing up at ya Mom's house talking bout 'Tell Josiah come the fuck outside!'" He said, waving his hands around dramatically.