Eighteen

[ Brand New x Drake ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Raegan

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this." Taven pulled the hood of her Nike jacket over her freshly done stitch braids.

"You!? I'm literally shaking!" Willow pushed her way between us showing us her unsteady hands.

"Oh my God, y'all are being scary. It's not that bad." I said pulling my hood over my own freshly done stitch braids, courtesy of Taven. It was a Friday night and out of pure boredom Josiah and I decided to round up our friends and go to glow in the dark paint ball. Just as we suspected everyone pretty much clicked almost instantly, "It's exactly like laser tag." I told them.

"Yeah except you get fucking shot, bitch!" Taven yelled pushing my shoulder.

"Wait, you've done this crazy shit before?" Gold asked, tying her hair up then tucking it into her hood.

"We went once when we were in high school. I hated it then and I'm going to hate it now. It's going to feel so good to shoot you though." Taven said as I flicked her ear.

"Catch me if you can hoe." I teased pretending to break her ankles as she tried to hit me again. She caught me by the hood pulling me back towards her as I laughed.

"Ya'll over here looking like the mother fucking Teletubbies." Jabari yelled as he approached us. Amir, Mo, and Josiah lagged behind him holding our selection of paintball guns while we waited.

"I just know your Holiday Heart looking ass ain't talking." Gold sucked her teeth as he grabbed her shoulders pulling her to his chest.

"You know women don't play about them bundles. Y'all ready to get y'all asses whooped." Amir gestured to the four of us.

"What do you mean ya'll?" Taven crossed her arms.

"We already picked our teams. Us and Mo against you losers. Losers buys, game chips." Jabari said, tossing Gold her gun.

"The toxic masculinity is seeping from your pores sir." Willow shook her head.

"You aint shit." I pushed Josiah as he tried to grab my waist.

"You want me to switch teams?" He pulled me back to him.

"Nope, I'm finna wet that ass up. You picked the wrong team bitch ass nigga." I reached up and pushed his forehead, although I damn near had to jump to do it.

"Oh, it's like that? Bet." He nodded, backing up and handing me the gun.

"Mo, you really switched up on us like that?" I complained as she laughed trying to hug me.

"You know I love you Rae bae but if it's us against them...I'm going with them." She said as I pushed her off of me.

After a while of us trash talking and joking around it was finally time to start the game.

"Alright, so what's the plan?" Gold said as we bent down behind one of the podiums in the large arena.

"Bitch I don't know, shoot!" Taven said as she checked and made sure her gun worked.

"Basically, the boys are tall so there isn't much hiding they can do, they'll most likely chase us more than they'll hide. I say we hide." Willow said as Taven agreed.

"Man I'm finna light these niggas up, what are y'all talking about?" I said as the bell rang telling us the game was now in play.

"I'm with Rae on that and I'm aiming for the nuts so I hope nobody wants kids." Gold said as we all laughed.