Twenty Four

[ Abandoned x Rod Wave ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Raegan

The rain poured down on my umbrella in bucket amounts, walking into the salon the next afternoon. I stopped at my office first changing out of my drenched rain boots into a comfortable pair of blue crocs I kept in my suite.

"I thought I heard you come in." Gold knocked at my door, greeting me with a smile. Her hair was platted in neat knotless braids, the ends in a spiral curl,"You like?" She twirled for me making the braids dance around her thighs.

"I love, I love this color too." I complimented her fresh blonde roots.

"Gold's gotta stay Gold." She winked as I ran my fingers through her braids.

"What you been up to? I haven't heard from you since I got back." I realized walking over to my Kerig to make a cup of coffee.

"Girl same shit, all work no play." She pouted.

"You are always here, you keep it up you might get a lil promotion." I hinted as she rolled her eyes.

"Girl Taven still thinks I can't walk and chew gum so good luck with that. It would be nice though. I've been trying to stack up so I can look for a nicer place. I want Zin to have her own room so–"

"Zin?" I looked up at her, shocked. Her facial expression told it all.

"I umm-I meant like a Zen room you know like on those home improvement shows." She bit her lip nervously.

"Mmkay." I nodded doubtfully.

"Alright girl, I think I hear Tav calling me." She said before quickly leaving the room. Before she could move she ran into Mo in the doorway. They shared an awkward smile before moving around each other.

"Hey Rae bae. Are you free?" Mo asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah come in." I told her, walking back over to my desk.

"I heard Jamaica treated you well. Baby showed me a picture of y'all kissing on them nasty ass dolphins." She said bouncing in and sitting on the edge of my desk.

"Yeah it was fun." I nodded, opening up my macbook, "You needed something?" I looked back up at her.

"I was just coming to see if you could give me some design tips, I didn't expect to have such a large space, now I'm tryna figure out how to fill it." She explained, pulling out her phone.

"I'll stop in there in a few to see what you have already." I told her while typing in my password into my laptop.

"Okay..." She said awkwardly,"We good?" She asked, standing to her feet. She crossed her arms across her chest looking down at me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" I gave her a half smile leaning on my elbow.

"I just feel like something's off." She admitted shrugging her shoulders.

"We're good Morgan." I reassured her.

"Now it's Morgan. Now I know for a fact he told you." She chuckled, rolling her eyes. Her entire demeanor changed,"So what, it's gonna be awkward between us now?"

"What exactly do you want me to say?" I looked up at her with a squint.

"Whatever you're thinking. If we're going to be working together it's best you just say how you feel now and we can talk and move on. Don't just let it build up until you start thinking too hard and grow some type of animosity towards me." She said as I shut my laptop.