Eight

[ Fools Gold x Jill Scott ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Omniscient

Although this was their second date, Josiah nerves made his stomach turn. He was even more flustered than he'd been the first time he pulled into the parking lot of Raegan's apartment. The first date was incredible, and he wanted this one to flow just as smooth. If it didn't he wasn't sure where that would leave them. He was ecstatic when she agreed to go on a second date and he didn't want to completely blow the chance of a third.

"Excuse me Sir, who are you here to see?" The receptionist called out to him before he could walk past her desk.

"Uh...Raegan." He tucked the flower's between his arm and torso, tucking his hands in the pockets of his dress pants.

"Wait here please." She smirked before she picked up the phone quickly dialing a few numbers. She spoke in a hush tone with the person on the other end before nodding in my direction, "You can head up, she's expecting you."

"Thanks." He nodded back heading towards the elevators.

Meanwhile Raegan was running around her room frantically in search for her favorite eyeshadow pallet to add the finishing touches to her makeup. She'd stayed at the shop for longer than she'd intended and had only arrived home thirty minutes prior to his arrival. She was cutting it close. Luckily out of pure excitement she'd already set her outfit out before she left the house. She ran towards the door after slipping on her robe, just when Josiah's knock echoed through her apartment.

"Coming!" She yelled hurling herself over the couch rather than taking the long way around it. She made sure to catch her breath before swinging open the door. When she did, his scent alone took it away again, "Hey." She pushed out, in a gasp.

"Hey," He smirked before his eyes lowered to the half open robe lazily draped over her shoulders,"I'm guessing you need a minute." Through the silky black fabric he could see a small peek of her black two piece lingerie. He didn't linger on it for long, instead he focused his attention back on her eyes. Her dark lobes brought him a comfort he could only settle into.

"Yes, I just need like ten minutes tops." She moved to the side letting him in, "You smell good Baby." She let him wrap her in his embrace making sure not to get makeup on his attire. He smiled, draping his arms around her shoulders, careful not to make her uncomfortable. He was dressed in all black as well, but this time his ripped jeans were traded in for dress pants and a black button up. His locs were pulled back into a low ponytail that revealed a scar through the center of his eyebrow Raegan hadn't noticed yesterday. She watched him furrow the same brows at the gold president Rolex on his wrist.

"Thank you, now come on before we're late." His hands trailed down to her ass lifting the robe slightly, before he could catch a feel she swatted his hands away.

"Don't write a check ya ass can't cash." She pulled the robe closed before sashaying back towards the room. He couldn't take his eyes off her ass gliding through the silk fabric as she walked. Although her frame was toned he had no doubts her ass was as soft as it looked. After seeing it in action at the rink, it'd become one of his favorite things about her.

"Get your head outta the gutter Josiah." He shook the unholy thoughts that'd begun to run through his mind. He walked into her kitchen, flowers in hand looking for a vase to put them in while he waited.

As if he'd timed it perfectly Raegan stepped from her room the second he placed the vase on her kitchen counter, the roses occupying its space. She stopped in the mirror in her hallway applying a fresh coat of lipgloss giving Josiah another chance to take in her beauty. Her natural hair was still big and in it's glory. Instead of being a full curly afro like it was a few days ago it was a little straighter at the top and she'd swooped down her baby hairs. From the expensive looking dress she wore he knew his money was well spent. The silk, emerald green off the shoulder dress hugged her curves in all the right places, the slit at her thigh leaving one of her brown legs in his full view. Now that her shoulders were exposed he could see a large tattoo of a detailed angel wing he hadn't noticed yesterday. He appreciated her attention to detail pairing her gold strappy heels with gold jewelry while the face of the gold watch on her wrist matched her dress perfectly. She'd definitely outdone him this time.