Twelve

[ I Like x Tink ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Raegan

"Okay and open them." I told Josiah after I put the car in park. I smiled eager for him to open his eyes after I'd made him close them a few miles back. He opened his eyes and I laughed at the cynical expression on his face.

"What the fuck is this?" He raised his eyebrow at the building we were parked in-front of.

"It's a dog shelter, they have a program where you can adopt a dog for a day. I thought it'd be fun." I kept the same stupid smile waiting for him to be just as excited. My smile faded when he sucked his teeth.

"That's why you wanted to drive my shit. You knew we was going to get some big dirty mut to fuck up my backseats." He shook his head.

"You thought he was finna mess up my Tessy? Fuck no, I'll get your truck detailed after, come on Baby this will be fun! I have a whole dog friendly day planned for us." I stuck out my lip as he cracked a smile, "You hate dogs don't you? I should've asked."

"Nah, don't trip Ma," He laughed, "I actually used to beg my mother for a dog growing up, she always said no cause she thought I wouldn't take care of it." He admitted.

"Okay so, let's prove her wrong then." I grabbed the keys hopping out of the truck. I pulled my jean shorts down on my thighs before shutting the door. Today's weather was perfect for the day I had planned. Josiah met me at the front of the truck grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

"Hi, welcome to FurryFriends. I'm Autumn, how may I assist you today?" The receptionist beamed once we entered.

"I'm Rae, I called in yesterday about checking out one of your dogs." I stepped forward towards the desk. It was fairly empty inside, from the wide window you could see women in scrubs grooming one or two dogs in the back. However we were the only customers.

"Yes, I remember you...Raegan. Follow me this way." She grabbed her clipboard and opened the small gateway so that we could enter, "So we have a few pups with us today. Would you guys prefer a bigger breed or a smaller one? All of our dogs are well trained." She said leading us to a room past the grooming area. Where I expected there to be a room full of kennels it was a large room filled with toys, and dogs running all over the place. There were a few large dogs but most were medium to small.

"Wow, this is not what I expected." I smiled as a small brown yorkie jumped at my feet once she noticed me.

"That's Carnelian, she's new here. She's very energetic, and friendly as you can see." Autumn said as I swooped the tiny dog into my arms. I laughed as she licked all over my face.

"Oh, she's the cutest. How old is she?" I asked rubbing her fluffy brown fur.

"She's about seven I believe. I'll have to double check. Actually how about I come back in about five minutes, it usually takes couples a while to decide. We also offer the option to take two, if you think you guys can handle that." She smiled.

"We'll let you know, thank you." I smiled back. When she left the room I turned back to Josiah but he was nowhere to be found. I searched the room doing a double take, as Carnelian licked my fingers. I chuckled when I found him crouched down rubbing the stomach of a large black Rottweiler.

"You think you're tricking me? I know your ass bad as hell, that's why you here." He mumbled but continued to rub his stomach. He reached for his collar to check the tag, "Bubba, why would they name yo fat ass Bubba." Once the dog heard its name he jumped up attacking Josiah causing him to fall to the ground. Bubba wagged his tail happily licking him all over his face. Carnelian jumped from my arms joining in on the fun.