Thirty Eight

[ Pieces x Rod Wave ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Raegan

My alarm pulled me from a sweet slumber I was sure hadn't lasted longer than two hours. I guess you could say I'd underestimated our sexual frustrations. I wouldn't take all the blame, but I also wasn't the first to fall asleep. I rolled over finding Josiah on his stomach snoring softly. He always appeared harmless when he was asleep. I turned over, aligning our faces as I took in his features like I was seeing him for the first time all over again. This man had completely rearranged my life, and I was undoubtedly sprung. I'd thought on and on about what he'd said. It wasn't a complete mis-assumption, maybe I was the one who wasn't ready. I was all too familiar with fear and I couldn't shake the feeling. However I wasn't afraid that Josiah wouldn't be an amazing father. He was great with Zinnia and all the kids at his mothers church seemed to love him. I couldn't take that away from him. Josiah's eyes fluttered open gracefully, locking into mine. He didn't seem surprised that I was staring at him only for me to realize he'd stopped snoring minutes ago.

"Good morning baby daddy." I kissed his nose as he returned a warm smile pulling my nude body closer to his.

"Morning." He grumbled burying his face into my neck. I chuckled, running my nails along the scar on his back.

"You never told me how you got this." I asked, tracing it with my finger tips. I could tell from the thick scar tissue it was a deep cut that hadn't healed overnight.

"A nigga ran off with my shit in college and I beat his ass at a party, his line brothers jumped in once they saw he wasn't winning and they slit my shit open, it ." He mumbled with a light shrug.

"You say that like it's nothing." I frowned gently kissing his temple then his ear. He shrugged again,"We've gotta get up. I already hear everyone in the kitchen." I whispered kissing him again but he only shook his head pulling the sheets back over us.

"Ten minutes." He groaned softly, rubbing my ass beneath the sheets. I nodded, settling back into the bed and drifting off to sleep.

"Raegan!" I jumped up hearing my name being called. Suddenly the door was pulled open and Taven stormed in with her hand on her hip. I shielded my eyes from the sun as she pulled open our curtains. Josiah groaned covering his head with a pillow as I sat up making sure both our bodies were covered. I checked the time seeing we'd slept for another two hours.

"I swear I thought I hit snooze." I admitted as Taven folded her arms. She was dressed in a pink bikini and a white cover up. The makeup she wore told me she'd been awake for hours.

"Y'all missed breakfast. We have Jay and Rose putting lunch on the grill now. Get y'all naked asses up outta this damn bed!" She picked a pillow up from the floor smacking Josiah in the back with it,"I'm coming back in twenty minutes." She said before leaving the room. I chuckled to myself as Josiah sat up with furrowed eyebrows.

"Imma whoop her ass." He huffed as I pulled myself from the bed.

"Ouch." I winced in pain as I slowly inched towards the bathroom. I tried to walk straight but from the sound of Josiah's low chuckle my pain was obvious. After a quick shower, Josiah and I threw on our bathing suits and headed out to what sounded like a pool party in full effect. Tupac was blasting loudly from the speakers and I could smell the food from inside.

"I'm starving." I pouted letting Josiah tie the last strings of my red bikini.

"I just bet, you're eating for two." He chuckled, gently pinching my stomach.