Thirty Four

[ Windows x Lakeyah ]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Josiah

"Fuck!" My fist throbbed in pain from the weight of it smashing into the steering wheel. I watched my knuckles turn red and still my blood boiled making me repeat the same destructive habit twice more.

"Josiah what the fuck are you doing?!" Willow pulled my door open grabbing both of my fists with urgency,"Hey, relax, just calm down." She cried once I fought her grip clenching my fist and letting out a deep sigh.

"I can't do this." I said letting go of her hands once mine began to shake. I didn't even know who I was so angry at but I needed to leave before I figured it out.

"Josiah...look at me." She hummed, climbing up so that she was standing inside my truck. She grabbed my hand gently, my eyes landing on her baby blue nails. I looked up at her watching a remorseful look cross her eyes. Her father had come clean again, and this time she could put a face to the woman who'd wrecked her parents marriage,"I can't imagine how confusing this must be for you...actually I can honestly say this is uncomfortable for both of us. Our parents obviously aren't perfect and they made a decision that affected all of us. Regardless, neither of us have room to judge, we just have to listen, and try to understand for now."

"I can't promise that. I might just dip." I shook my head honestly.

"And leave me? That's how you want to start this sibling thing? Wow, I had imaginary friends that had more love for me." She frowned, making me sink in my chair. I hadn't even had time to process that Willow could possibly be my blood sister. Between Raegan being gone in the wind this morning and having to beg my mother to even show her face, I was exhausted. The fact that I barely remembered last night didn't sit right with me either. I'd convinced myself I could make all my problems disappear and it was exactly the cure I needed, for a moment.

"Fine." I mumbled hoping she'd let me go, out of pity.

"Okay...then at least save your dramatic outburst for the end and you have to promise not to leave me." She smirked as I cracked a smile.

"Yeah okay...I guess we really do favor each other huh?" I remembered as she raised an eyebrow.

"Absolutely not, I look like a big sweaty man?" She gasped and I couldn't help but laugh. Willow's sense of humor had always been notable. Come to think of it, I'd never actually seen her break a sweat, she was always smiling.

"Little bit." I pinched my fingers as she punched my shoulder lightly. She shook her head looking at me oddly before squinting her eyes and tilting her head slightly,"What are you doing?" I asked once she grabbed my chin.

"We've never been this close before...you do kind of have my lips and that's for sure my nose, just big as fuck." She said pinching my nose before I could swat her hand.

"You're pushing it. Buck-tooth ass girl." I pushed her away as she laughed climbing down from my truck.

"Ya Daddy." She teased as I stopped in my tracks clutching my chest.

"You just had to hit me right where it hurts huh?" I said pretending to wipe a tear. She chuckled, shaking her head.

"Alright, you're right. I'm sorry." She said as she dragged me forward by my arm,"Come on I think I just saw your Mom go inside." When we entered the restaurant the smooth sound of ambiance music took over and the smell of steak toyed with my senses. Lucky for us there wasn't much of a crowd. As Willow predicted, we found my mother standing near the entrance.