Twenty Eight

[Concrete x Teyana Taylor]

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Josiah

Zinnia held her small hand out to me with her hand on her hip and puppy dog eyes that made me melt in my seat. I sat in Raegan's office chair spinning towards her as she reached up for my Swedish fish. Her hair was in two neat little buns that made her look like Minnie mouse,"Share." She demanded.

"Hm, little girl." I poured two in her small hand as she smiled taking them happily.

"Some more." She reached up after stuffing them in her mouth as fast as she could. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You tryna get me in trouble." I whispered looking over my shoulder before I gave her two more. She looked up at me curiously before pointing her finger in my face.

"Baby." She tapped my nose as I smiled.

"That's me." I nodded. She was observant for a three year old but this was the first time she'd actually acknowledged my name. She was also a busy body and I often found entertainment in watching Raegan run after her. It'd only taken a few weeks for Zin to have her wrapped around her finger. Although they spent a lot of time together, she was still warming up to me and I wasn't rushing her.

"RaeRae." She pointed back towards the door where Raegan had left a few minutes ago.

"She'll be back Zin." I reassured her watching her poke out her lip,"Don't cry please." I said as her eyes welled with tears.

"RaeRae!" She stomped her little foot, a tantrum brewing in her lungs. Since I was still on thin ice, it was her way or the highway.

"Alright, alright. Come on." I stood to my feet and she was reaching up seconds later. She wiped her tears clinging to my neck as we left the office.

"You seen Rae?" I asked Mo peeking my head inside her suite. She looked up from her clients hands and shook her head.

"I think she's helping Tav. Hi Zin." She waved. Zinnia smiled, waving back as we left the room. I walked towards the front of the shop finding Raegan blow drying a woman's head in one of the booths.

"See, I told you she was busy." I told Zinnia once we approached her. Despite my words she climbed down from my arms running to cling to Raegan's thighs.

"Hi bud, you being a busybody?" She bent down to kiss her cheek then went back to blow drying the woman's head,"You about to head out?" She looked up at me.

"Nah, she wanted you but I can sit with her until you're done." I offered as she began wandering around pulling at the knobs on drawers.

"Please, her bag is in my office, I packed her lunch and a coloring book in there too." She said, leading Zin back towards me. Zinnia began whining, grabbing at her thighs.

"Alright bye then. I can color by myself." I shrugged and walked away from her. I looked back after hearing her little feet pattering behind me.

"Baby!" She screamed once I started walking faster.

"Mhm." I laughed, turning around to scoop her up. Raegan shook her head watching us out.

I took Zinnia back into Raegan's office and set her up at her desk so that she could eat lunch. Instead of eating she mostly picked at her food so I gave her crayons instead figuring she was more bored than hungry. I put on some music and sat back entertaining myself with Instagram while she colored.

"Your turn." She ripped out a sheet holding it towards me.

"My turn?" I sat my phone down taking the sheets from her. I laughed seeing it was a picture of Minnie Mouse,"Can I have a crayon please?" I asked her. She looked down at her crayons skeptically before picking up an orange one and holding it in my direction.