Forty One

[ Blind x SZA ]

Trigger Warning: Gun violence, Death.

lılı.lıll ▶︎ ılı.ıllı.

Raegan

I woke up beaming, bright and early as if today were my own birthday. I let Josiah sleep while I went to prepare his living room for my big surprise. I wanted to make today special for him. I also knew there were a lot of people who were out to do the same so I had a lot of competition. I was up for the challenge. Since he was turning twenty-seven I decorated with twenty seven gifts that were all a different part of him. I'd hid all of the balloons in my car last night and they were now flooding his living room. I'd picked black and silver and even replaced his 65 inch TV with a brand new 75 inch decorated with a silver bow. I was just setting out the small chocolate cake I'd brought when I heard his footsteps upstairs. I quickly lit the candles before taking my place in the center. Once he started descending down the steps I played the Stevie Wonder version of 'Happy Birthday' on his speakers. I sang along to the music once I was in his view and bent over twerking beneath my silk robe.

"Happy Birthday to ya! Happy Birthday to ya!" I skipped over to him as he held his arms out for a hug. Instead of embracing him I bent over in front of him twerking on his waist. He laughed, holding on to mine and happily accepting the dance. I chuckled once he started feeling himself throwing his hands in the air like we were in the club.

"Oh shit, that's a new TV?!" He paused, hugging my waist. I nodded, turning around to finally embrace him. His hug was as strong as his gratitude as he swept me off my feet making me wrap my legs around his waist.

"Happy Birthday Baby!" I squealed, kissing all over his face.

"Thank you Ma." He smiled kissing my lips three times,"When did you do all this?" He chuckled as I pushed him towards his gifts once I was back on the ground.

"Last night after you fell asleep and this morning. Go ahead and open them while I make breakfast." I handed him the first gift which was a pair of Jordan's he couldn't find his size in. I made us breakfast while he opened the rest and answered all his early morning birthday calls that were mostly from his Mother's friends from church and his parents. Some of the gifts were simple things he needed, like socks and t-shirts while others were a bit more extravagant. Just as I was finishing up breakfast Josiah snaked his arms around my waist and began leaving kisses on my shoulder blade.

"I love you so fucking much Ma." He mumbled into my neck giving me a tight squeeze.

"I love you more." I couldn't help but smile. His kisses only got wetter and his hands started to explore further down into my robe,"I'm taking you like your gifts."

"Mhm, I saved the best for last." He mumbled into the crevice of my neck as he untied my robe. I chuckled using the spatula to remove my last pancake from the hot pan. Josiah turned off the stove, turning me to face him. Before I could blink I was swept off my feet again and his hands wrapped firmly around my thighs wrapping them around his waist.

"What are you doing?" I laughed once he started up the stairs.

"I wasn't clear? I'm finna fuck the shit out of you." He smiled happily approaching his room,"Open the door." He directed.

"The foods gonna get cold." I pouted while being thrown on the bed. He stood over me sliding his shirt over his head, then he took his locs pulling them into a sloppy bun.

"Take your robe off." He stared down at me, his eyes lowering between my thighs. The smile I'd planted before left his face, and I figured he wouldn't ask again. I let the silk fabric drop from my shoulders and sat up crawling to my knees in front of him.