Chapter 12

__________ Alice POV__________

Long after arriving at the penthouse and confronting Matsuo, I stormed off to my room/prison to slip out of this constricting dress.

I get that I'm pretending to be a 'mistress,' but could the whore-ish appearance be toned down just a tad?

God, the looks I received from the men and some women gave me at that restaurant made me feel violated. I don't know how the other young woman pranced around in those tight dresses, I feared for my life to move, and something popped out. Not to mention the lust-filled eyes Anthony Santora ogled me with. I've never been so nauseated in my life.

Then, his snake of a daughter 'oh so graciously' bestowed a bruise upon my foot. I never knew brats like her really existed, I thought they only existed on trashy T.V. That was the most cringy pick-me-girl energy I've witnessed. If Serena wants Matsuo so badly, then she can just have him. He technically isn't mine to begin with.

I tugged the zipper down the side of the dress halfway down before it got snagged on the track, so I just ripped the damn thing open. With the fabric balled up in my fist, I pulled until it is torn completely down the seam.

With a deep breath, I launched the scraps at the vanity table. Then, I intend to untangle myself from the string-like undergarments.

Taking a shower relieved a fraction of the stress that built up in my body. I stood in a towel wrapped around my body, leaning over the sink. My face was red from scrubbing all of the layers of makeup off my face. Still, I could feel the foundation clogged in my pores. My lips became raw from wiping them so harshly. One of the fancy cloth towels is stained red and most likely won't wash out, so I tossed it in the trash. After all of that, I glance up at myself.

"What did you get yourself into Alice?"

I sigh, turning off the lights when I exit, and rummage through the closet, finding a black cotton tee shirt with a matching pair of shorts. When I finished dressing, two soft knocks came from the other side of the door.

That can't be Zhen because the jackass beats on the door, and Matsuo never comes down here. So whoever it is is waiting for me to answer, for once.

"Who is it?"

"It's Anne, may I come in?"

Well, that's refreshing to hear; someone with manners.

"Sure."

She walked in with a polite smile and closed the door. I returned a smile until I noticed a white box in her hands.

"What's that?" I walk over to the bed, standing a few feet away from her.

"A first aid kit. Matsuo told me to come here and take care of you." As she spoke, she examined me carefully, stepping closer.

Matsuo told her to come here?

"I was actually worried he or Zhen did something to you, mostly Zhen, since he's a tad bit hot-headed." Anne looked lower, then spotted the bruise on my foot and said, 'Ah ha. "Sit on the bed so I can treat the bruise, please."

I listened as I sat at the foot of the bed as she kneeled in front of me, opening the first aid kit. So he saw the bruise, that's why he stopped mid-yell all of a sudden a moment ago. Anne gently held up my foot to inspect the injured area.

"That bimbo Serena did this, God that brat doesn't know when to quit."

"So you've had the pleasure of meeting her?" I muttered with a sour taste in my mouth.

"Unfortunately," Anne took out a container from the kit. "She came by the hotel one day with her father and little miss priss stopped by the salon where I work. That girl is lucky I wasn't styling her hair because she wouldn't have any left when I was through with her."