Chapter 23

Alice POV

After Matsuo blew up, I stormed out of his room and then returned to mine. I slammed the door with a string of curses falling from my mouth.

"Stupid son of a bitch."

That irritating, big-headed bastard dared to yell at me when I was willing to compromise. Unbelievable, nothing pleases him.

Sleep evaded me because of the endless stream of thoughts running through my mind. My eyes would start to droop I would jolt awake.

Goddammit.

The moment my eyes open in the morning I regret it instantly. The curtains are thrown open and blind me with the sunlight pouring in. It's Anne that wakes me and I know right away what's going on when she's dressed in her smocks. I threw the blanket over my head to hide.

"Come on Alice," she tugged at the duvet. "It's nearly noon and I have to get you ready."

I groan sitting up, "I'm afraid to ask but ready for what?"

An apologetic look is thrown my way.

"Well, Matsuo has a meeting today, and today I'm dressing you in a bikini."

My eyes widen at the string bikini she held up.

"No way." I shook my head at the strings that can be considered floss.

Anne nodded, "Way. Now, get up off your sleepy ass, and let's get to work on your hair."

I trudge over to the vanity huffing when Anne begins her work.

"Why on earth would I need to wear a bikini today?" I voiced my concerned thoughts.

"I believe you are accompanying Matsuo on a yacht I happened to overhear. Not sure who the meeting is with though."

Anne explained while combining my hair and styling it to frame my face. She put minimal make-up as before on my face along with sunblock.

I watched Anne pay attention to the detail she was putting into my hair and make-up.

"Anne, do you enjoy what you do?" My thoughts slipped out.

Anne paused for a second getting a better look at my face before answering.

"Yeah, I liked to play with my mom's makeup when I was young." Anne flicked a brush along my cheek. "So, I guess you can say that's when my passion started. Went to cosmetology school which came in handy in this weird, horrible situation."

"But do you like working here, even if it is against your will?"

Anne clicked a compact closed setting it down on the vanity. She leaned back against it with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Well," she exhaled. "Yes and no. I grew to like it, I guess. When I think about it, it's the best possible outcome. Much worse happens to others."

I raise a brow, "Others?"

Anne snapped her head to me, "I mean others that have been kidnapped, not by Matsuo. From what I know the Jade Dragons don't deal in trafficking, besides me, I believe you are the only other person Matsuo has kidnapped."

"Well, ain't he a Saint." I sarcastically remarked and Anne laughed.

She pushed off from the vanity walking into the closet to grab clothes. Then she handed the bikini over to me along with the clothes. The moment I had been dreading has come.

I walked into the bathroom to undress and then untangle the mess of strings I was supposed to wear. After wrestling with the top, I managed to tie it on with a very secure knot. The bottoms were much easier with the ties on each side of my hip. I had to adjust my breasts so that the swimsuit gave me the best coverage. It'd be just about the worst thing for a nip slip or for my butt to flash someone. Speaking of my butt, I twist to get a look to admire how well the red bikini made it look.