Chapter 3

______ALICE POV_____

Today seemed especially different. Might be because the sun was shining, traffic was impossibly smooth, or that I was going to arrest Han. Blake was on his way with the warrant, and I couldn't be happier.

My father did call again this morning with another plea to stop me. The conversation didn't go over too well as per usual. I'm 27, and he still wants to hold on to the reigns of my life. He's been that way since I bounced from job to job until I went to the academy. I was young and couldn't really settle on one career. So, just to save me some pain from my overbearing father, I became a cop. Which does sound like a horrible reason to become an officer of the law, but I've grown to love it.

"Hey." Blake waved at me from his car.

I could see the warrant in his hand, and a rush of anticipation ran through me.

"Alright, kid, let's go get Han."

Blake scoffed when I called him a kid. We walked across the street over the restaurant Hi Nam. If you can even describe that dump as a restaurant. It violated so many health codes . might as well be set aflame.

The doorbell above chimed when Blake opened the door, allowing me to step inside first. The gesture would seem gentleman like, but I'm the first to be assault by the rank odor. It smelled like a man's gym locker with floral scents trying desperately to mask it.

I immediately covered my nose with my hand, and Blake gagged when it hit his nose.

"No need to use moth balls to cover the smell of drugs when it smells like garbage." Blake remarked as he held his breath.

I nod in agreement while looking around the cheesy American-oriental decorations. There is no doubt in my mind that everything is covered in a layer of grease. Besides Blake and I, there were two other people dining in of all things in this shit hole. They were just as surprised to see us as we were to see them eating the food.

From the back of the restaurant, I saw Han through the opening of the kitchen. He saw us and muttered a few unpleasant words as he shuffled to the hallway, which is covered by a poorly draped red velvet cloth.

"Miss Alice." Han emerged from behind the cloth, sporting a disarming smile.

I knew better than to fall for the wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. That yellowing smile held a lot of contempt against me. The lines on his face that gave away his old age creased when i didn't respond.

"You wouldn't happen to be on a date?" Han talked sweetly.

"Matter-of-fact, I am, and you're my date." I smiled at Han's confusion. "I'm gonna take you somewhere nice, hands behind your back."

"W-what, oh you're very funny. Come, I'll get you the finest table." Han tried to grab menus, but Blake and I didn't move.

"This is no joke, Han. we have a warrant for your arrest." I point to the paper Blake held up.

Han turned white like a sheet of paper, didn't help that i dangled cuffs in front of him either.

He turned around with his hands behind his back, "You're making a big mistake, girl. I'll be out by the end of the day."