Chapter 22

Matsuo POV

There she was, right in front of my eyes. I couldn't believe it, then again, I could since this woman is trouble on legs. That cop is standing in my bedroom that she was strictly told to stay out of. All of the color drained from her face instantly.

Alice gazed down at me with eyes big as saucers. I still held the gun firmly in my hand aiming directly at her with my finger on the trigger.

"Why are you in here?" I did not lower the gun when I spoke with a harsh tone.

Alice looked genuinly frightened, her big brown eyes darted from the gun to me. Even in the pitch black I can see her swallow the fear in her eyes.

"I ah-ah," she opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water.

"Sit down," I motion with the gun for her to take a seat on the couch.

I set the hand gun down on the couch next to me in between the cop and I. Illuminated by moon light, shattered pieces of glass glimmered as I sit foward on the couch.

Alice timidly did as I told her sitting as far away on the couch with her eyes lowered. She clasped her nervous hands together on her lap figeting under my curious gaze. I sit comfortably leaning back with my arm propped on top the back of the couch.

"You still haven't answered my question," I point out.

Her eyes glanced sideways at me for a moment before quickly looking away. I could hear Alice let out a shaky breath before answering.

"I heard a noise, like glass shattering, so I came to see what happened. I thought someone maybe hurt themselve or something," she looked down at the glass I had broke while I was sleeping.

I was drinking whiskey before bed and fell asleep still holding the glass that must've slipped out of my grasp. Alice fell silent staring at the shattered pieces of glass. I let out a heavy sigh eyeing the mess I made.

I really like that glass.

"You shouldn't have come in here," I finally said with a sigh.

Alice flinched when I reach for the gun, I pause for a moment watching her with a faint smirk. Slowly, I place the gun on the coffee table noticing Alice relax her tense shoulders.

She places a hand over her heart to calm herself before speaking. "I'm sorry, I just-didn't know if something bad happened."

Her reason for entering my room surprised me. This is starting to become a habit of hers, a irritating habit that has brought me many headaches.

"Stop doing that, " I can feel her glance at me from the corner of my eye, it takes a great deal of strength not to look back at the cop.

"What am I doing?" She asked innocently.

"The unexpected." This time I turn my head sparing her a glance.

The look on her face is of utter confusion. She doesn't know how much frustration she has brought upon me. None the less I'm the one to blame taking her from Han, it was my decision and I don't regret it...yet. The cop has proven useful but, is equally annoying.

Alice is the first to look away back down at her hands. I continued to stare at her profile. As I look at her a unsettling feeling arises; I still owe her.

"I'm going to ask one last time, What do you want in return for saving my life?" I automatically clench my fist when she rolls her eyes. "Before you say something you regret think long and hard before you answer."

The cop obeyed keeping whatever smart remark to herself. About time she learned to keep her mouth shut.

Then she looked me in the eyes this time with a twinkle in them. Could it be she finally knows what she wants, good only knows what this woman is thinking.

"I know what I want." A wave of relief washed over me finally to hear those words pass through her lips.

"What is it?"

Relief was soon replaced with anger at her answer. As I get to know the cop I realize I have to expect the unexpected from her.

Thanks for reading 📚