Chapter 3

Third Person's P. O. V:

A few days later....

Giyu was just finishing giving his report to Kagaya Ubuyashiki, when the black haired man speaks up in his soft voice.

"I heard from Shinobu that Asahi got released from the hospital this morning." This instantly gains Giyu's attention as he snaps his deep blue orbs to Kagaya.

"... She did...?" He utters. Kagaya nods his head.

"Since you're the one who brought her in, why don't you go see how she's doing?" Kagaya suggests gently.

Giyu averts his eyes but murmurs as he rises to his feet, "Very well." Giyu exits the mansion and makes his way over to the Butterfly Estate. As he bears it, a soft beautiful singing voice reaches his ears.

"Hidden beneath the ground
Is the spring that feeds the creek
Invisible as the wind
That you feel upon your cheek
And every breeze that whispers
Reminds us constantly
Sometimes what's real
Is something you can't see"

Giyu doesn't make himself known as he steps further towards the garden and sees the white haired girl twirling occasionally while singing a beautiful voice, a content expression on her features, as butterflies flutter around her.

Asahi doesn't even seem to be aware of the awestruck Giyu watching her.

"Believe in all that can be
A miracle starts whenever you dream
Believe and sing from your heart
You'll see, your song will hold the key
Waiting behind the clouds
Is the sky that's always clear
And chasing away the doubts
You watch the sun appear
It's shining to remind you
As each new day begins
There's always hope if you
Just let it in
You can paint the stars
You can touch the sky
Spread your wings and discover
You can fly
You won't know until you try
Believe and dream what can be
Ask with your heart and you will receive
Believe, the beauty is yours to see
Your song will hold the key
Believe
Believe
When you believe
Believe"

Asahi's voice trails off as she finishes the song, but when she turns, Asahi lets out a gasp of surprise at the sight of Giyu standing there.

"Oh, Tomioka-san!" the white haired girl gasps in embarrassment, for she hadn't realised the whole time she'd had an audience.

Giyu says as he steps towards her, "You don't have to stop singing. Your voice is beautiful."

Asahi blushes at the compliment. She asks not in a rude way, "What are you doing here, Tomioka-san?"

He responds, "I was told by Oyakata-sama that you'd been released from the hospital this morning. I wanted to see how you were. How are you feeling?"

Asahi replies with a closed eye smile, "Much better, thanks to Kocho-san! I'm right to get back to missions now."

"That's good to hear," Murmurs Giyu.

"Listen, I was told that you were the one who brought me into the hospital after saving me from the wisteria poison," Says Asahi as she gently places her hand on Giyu's left arm, causing him o flick his gaze down at her surprisingly warm touch. "I'm glad I got to see you today. I really wanted to thank you for saving my ass back there."