Chapter 20

Asahi's P. O. V:

I finish washing up from breakfast the following morning and as I go to feed the horses, Kiaria and Ren come out of the rooms in their Demon Slayer uniforms. I wear a long sleeved purple kimono with a wide yellow obi and multi coloured flowers on it.

Three months have passed since we first met Tanjiro and his sister, and they've all been recovering in the hospital

I ask, "Are you two going on a mission?"

Ren answers, "Yes. Our Kusagai Crows just came. We have to slay a demon in Kida Town."

"Well, good luck," I say.

"Sure, Sensei!" Kiaria says as they leave.

I go out and feed the horses. After a couple of hours, I go out and whistle for Kirameki. She gallops you to me and I hug her head.

"You wanna go for a ride, girl?" I ask. She nickers in agreement.

I smile.

🗡🗡🗡

Kirameki leaps gracefully over a log and we gallop around a bend in the trail. Shafts of sunlight pour through, hitting my form. Two more logs appear in my path but Kirameki easily leaps over them in turn.

We gallop for awhile longer until we come upon a brook in a clearing. I stop the palomino mare and dismount to let her drink from the brook.

I stroke her neck as she drinks the clear water, smiling to myself.

I have to wonder how my Tsugukos are doing on their mission. Even after all these years, I still worry about Ren and Kiaria whenever they go on missions.

If any harm were to come to them, I'd tear the world apart to find the one responsible and make their life a living hell.

I lie down on the grass and gaze up at the sky.

After another couple of hours, I return home and untack and groom Kirameki. Then I head inside for some lunch and to do some reading. Sometime around eight pm, Yoshino, Kiaria's Kusagai Crow, calls to me from my window.

She flaps urgently and caws as I jerk my head up at her. I drop my book and jump to my feet before I rush to the window and yank it open.

"What is it, Yoshino?" I ask.

"Caw, caw! Asahi Himari, you're needed to go back up Kiaria Sora and Ren Kurosawa in Kida Town. You're to go with Giyu Tomioka. Caw, caw!"

Worry tugs at my heart. I was racing into my bedroom to change into my Demon Slayer uniform at lightning speeds.

I snatch up my pink, purple and white nichirin orcrist, then dash out of my house.

I stop short when I see Giyu already outside, word in his own gaze.