Chapter 8

Giyu's P. O. V:

I watch with worry I haven't felt before pounding in my heart as Asahi is slammed into the ground by the demon's Blood Demon Art.

"Asahi!" I call fearfully, but she's already lost consciousness. I struggle to get up as the demon slowly approaches the white haired girl.

He stands before her as I lean up on one knee, a hand resting on it. "And now you'll die," The demon says, preparing to kill my friend.

I grip my deep blue nichirin blade and subtly and quietly go up to the demon, ignoring the pain of my own wounds. Once behind the demon, I say lowly, "I don't think so. Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin." I cut through the demon's neck in a vertical slash and there's an explosion as my attack knocks him to the ground and ends him.

The demon's head hits the ground and he starts to dissipate.

"Impossible..." Groans the demon.

I flick the blood off my sword and sheathe it before I whirl to Asahi with a gasp of worry. "Asa-chan!" I drop to my knees beside her and carefully pull the white haired girl into my lap. She has blood trailing down her face from her head, as well as injuries in her sides, stomach and shoulder. I cup her left cheek as I try to get Asahi to stay conscious. "Asa-chan?! Asa-chan! Talk to me. Say something, please."

Asahi manages to peel her eyes open and gaze at me with glazed eyes but it was enough for me to feel relieved. "G-Giyu... I didn't get the demon... I'm sorry..."

"It's okay. I finished it off. It's over. Just relax. I'll get you to the Butterfly Estate and Kocho will heal you," I tell her. I slide her orcrist into its sheathe before I slide my other arm under her knees. I get to my feet, the purple eyed girl in my arms bridal style.

With a greatly injured Asahi in my arms, I race back to the Butterfly Estate.

🗡🗡🗡

Nearly a week after I'd brought Asahi into the Butterfly Estate, I sit beside her bed one afternoon as I watch her unconscious form. I'd been released from the hospital yesterday and my wounds were basically all healed.

I'd sent my kusagai crow to inform Ren and Kiaria of their Sensei's condition as they're away on missions themselves. I've barely moved from my spot, Asahi's hand gripped gently in mine.

"She'll wake up soon, you know, Tomioka?" Asks Shinobu from beside me.

"I know," I say softly without taking my eyes from the white haired girl.

"She'll heal from this, I assure you."

"I know."

"You know, I don't think I've seen you like this before." Here I glance at the Insect Hashira. "You've definitely changed." I don't respond as I continue watching the unconscious girl in the bed. "You don't need to worry about her too much. She'll definitely come back from this."

I don't say anything. Shinobu leaves, closing the door behind her.

I remain beside Asahi for the rest of the day, silently praying she'll wake up.

Asahi's P. O. V:

I peel my eyes open to a familiar white room and the feeling of someone gripping my hand.

"I've been here before," I mumble. I gaze at my injured hand which was injured during my fight with the Pure Force controlling demon.

  I gaze at my injured hand which was injured during my fight with the Pure Force controlling demon