Chapter 9

Asahi's P. O. V:

I stroke the face of a sweet looking black Fell Pony a few days after I was released from the hospital. I was in the market with Giyu for a pony for Kiaria.

I think I've found the right one in this sweet natured black pony

"What do you think, Giyu?" I ask him.

"I think she's really sweet," He says.

"May I help you, Miss?" Asks a man as he approaches us.

"Yes. I'm looking to buy this one for one of my Tsugukos," I say.

"Ah, that's a fine choice! I'll organise the paperwork," The man says. Giyu and I follow him and once everything was done, I lead the black mare back to my estate with Giyu.

When we get to my estate, Kiaria was already there. She gasps upon seeing us approach with the horse.

"Asahi Sensei, who's pony is that? She's really beautiful!" Kiaria gushes.

"She's yours," I tell her.

"Mine?!"

I nod my head. "You've been saying you've been wanting your own horse, so I bought you one."

"Thank you so much, Sensei! You're the best!" Kiaria hugs me before taking the lead rope.

I ask, "What will you name her?"

A thoughtful expression settles on her features. "I think I'll name her... Yume!"

That means dream.

"That's a very good name," I say. "Why don't you introduce her to Kirameki?"

"O-kay!" Kiaria chimes before she tugs Yume towards the paddock.

I turn to Giyu as I say, "Thank you for helping me with this."

"I didn't do anything, really," He says. "You seem to know what you're doing."

"I guess," I mutter with a sheepish smile. Giyu and I smile at each other for a moment longer. I gesture towards the house. "Do you want to come in for some lunch?"

Giyu nods his head as he says, "If you don't mind."

"'Course not!" I chime before I turn to go into the house. Giyu quickly falls into step beside me.

🗡🗡🗡

I make lunch of salmon and daikon which makes Giyu happy like last time. Hearing a few whinnies takes us out back to where Kiaria is riding her new pony, Yume.

I'd given her plenty of riding lessons in the past on Kirameki, and I can honestly say Kiaria is a naturally born rider.

Ren watches from his perch on the fence.