Freightful Friends

You laid on the cold hard ground, unable to move or speak. You felt cold and empty. The roof you were staring at was crumbling over you. Screams were heard all around.

What was this? A memory?

You heard what sounded like metal armor approach you. You looked up to see a large man holding a sword stained with blood. His eyes were filled with horror and regret. He couldn't believe what he had done.

He never meant for this to happen. Something just came over him. Something evil. Fear got the best of you, and you closed your eyes.

When you opened them, you were suddenly in the middle of a forest somewhere. You felt different. You couldn't explain it.

Van Helsing: Well, now, what is a kid like you doing out in the Black Forest?

You looked up to see the man who would become your uncle approaching you. He kneeled down and offered a kind smile.

Van Helsing: What's your name, kiddo?

You didn't answer. You thought about it, but couldn't remember. You slowly lifted your hand to see that you were holding a part of a shirt with a name written on it.

Y/N: Y/N. My name is Y/N.

Van Helsing: Y/N, huh? Well, Y/N, let's go see if we can find your family.

He held out a hand towards you. You looked at it for a moment before you took it.

You opened your eyes and found yourself staring at the roof of an unfamiliar room. You blinked before you turned your head to look at the boxes that were untouched from the day before.

That's right. You were still moving into the Dracula residence. You sat up and scratched your head. Might as well get the day started.
---------------
You yawned as you ate a bowl of cereal. Dracula was reading the morning paper while Draculaura was seemingly still asleep. That just left the two of you. Awkward silence ensured.

You looked up at the vastly older man, though he looked to be your uncle's age, and wondered what he thought about you living here. Clearly you and Draculaura were cool, but Dracula was the sworn enemy of your uncle. It was a whole thing.

Dracula: If you keep staring, your cereal will get soggy.

You flinched and lowered your head, going back to eating. Dracula finally looked at you and let out a sigh. He lowered his paper and rested his arm on the table.

Dracula: You can relax, Y/N. My issues with your uncle are not my issues with you. As far as I'm concerned, you helped save my daughter from a Monster Whisperer.

You slowly looked up.

Dracula: I agreed to let you stay here out of respect for Miss Bloodgood and as a favor I owed your uncle. You can make yourself at home here.

You smiled a bit. That was actually really reassuring. You suddenly found your phone going off and you checked it to see that it was Cupid. She had been gone for the whole Monster Whisperer situation, but she never really said why.

She had sent you a text asking if you could meet with her, to which you agreed. Maybe she had something important to talk to you about.
------------
Cupid: I'm moving.

You sat across from her with a blank stare. You both ended up at a a coffee shop at her suggestion, but you weren't really expecting this.

Y/N: What?

Cupid: My dad thinks it would be best if I was around people...who are like me. So he's making go to the school that he went to when he was my age. That's where I've been.