(After)Life

You checked over your camera for a moment while nodding along with the music you were playing. A friend passing by said goodbye and you looked up long enough to return the gesture.

Lagoona: Looks like our resident director is back at it again.

You looked up to see your good friend apporching you. Being the manager of the swim club, the two of you had gotten fairly close to one another.

Though, maybe too close.

Y/N: Uh, h-hey, Lagoona. Um, you finish your, uh, laps?

Lagoona sighed and stopped in front of you. You didn't meet her eyes.

Lagoona: Y/N, are you still trying to avoid me?

You grabbed your bag and stuffed your camera into it. You then stood up and looked at her.

Y/N: That is a ridiculous idea, Lagoona. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go, uh, do something somewhere else.

You tried to walk away but Lagoona grabbed your wrist. You looked back at her.

Lagoona: We both agreed to forget about it. It was just...something that happened in the moment.

You looked around before pulling your wrist away and leaned closer to her.

Y/N: Lagoona, we kissed. You're dating Gill.

Lagoona lowered her head. She recalled that night where you and her stayed late so that she could get some more laps in. Feelings were spilt and one thing lead to another.

Y/N: I think it's best if, just right now, we just.....I don't know. Stay away from each other?

Lagoona: Easy for you to say.

She pulled away from you and began to walk off.

Lagoona: You do whatever you think is best. I'll just go deal with this myself.

You sighed.

Y/N: Lagoona...

It was too late. She walked off, ready to cry while you were forced to watch. You sighed and took off your hat.

How was it that you weren't following in your uncle's footsteps yet were still hurting monsters? And that was the least of your problems.

Draculaura: Was that Lagoona?

You looked behind you to see Draculaura heading towards you with her bag.

Frankie: She didn't look too happy. Did something happen?

You just shrugged and forced a smile.

Y/N: No clue. She was just asking about swim practice.

You turned to Draculaura.

Y/N: Ready to head home?

Draculaura nodded and the three of you headed out of Monster High.

Frankie: How long have you been living with Draculaura now?

Draculaura: Coming up four months.

You took a deep breath. That seemed like a long time, but only because you weren't really used to staying in one location for so long.

Being raised by your uncle, Vincent Van Helsing, you were used to traveling and going place to place. But now, after the whole homecoffin situation, you had been living with the Dracula family. On the weekends, at least. It hasn't been bad, but you still had some get used to some stuff.

Draculaura: Oh, did you guys hear?

Y/N: No. What happened?

Draculaura: Well, Cleo told me that Clawdeen told her that Abbey told her that Gill is going to break up with Lagoona.