Chapter 30: study group

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Ella's Pov-

"Are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room?" Jessie asks. We all look up from our homework and look at her confused.

"What?" Allison asks.

"Was Calum any good? Come on we are dying to know," She asks making me laugh.

"It would be smart to talk about it now before Shawn comes," Kennedy says with a smirk.

"Ummm since when has we asked about this?" I ask, looking at the three of them.

"We talk about it all the time. We just figured since Luke's your brother it would be weird," Jessie says.

"Ew"

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to," Allison says, going back to her work.

"It's not like I have anything to base it on but it was nice. He was really careful with me and he asked if I was okay a lot. Plus he has a really good body," I tell them.

"Aww love that," Jessie says.

"Would you do it again?" Kennedy asks.

"I mean....maybe. I wanna take things slow now. We have always been either making out or at each others throats so it might be for the best," I tell them.

"True the sexual tension has always been there," Allison says. I hear my doorbell go off and run down to invite Shawn in. I open it and see Calum holding a pizza.

"I know it's a study night but I was good in school maybe I can help," he offers. I happily take the pizza from his hands and walk into the kitchen with him.

"Hey ladies hope you don't mind me crashing," he says, grabbing plates from the cupboard. Kennedy gives me a look and pulls out her phone.

Kennedy: this is gonna end badly

Ella: I didn't know he was coming but it should be fine

Kennedy: if you say so

"How was school?" He asks, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Boring as usual," I smile. He gives me a kiss as the door rings again and he tilts his head.

"Is someone else coming?" He asks. Jessie goes to get the door and I can feel Calum's arm tense around me when he sees Shawn.

"He's been helping me with math homework over the phone. It's not a big deal and all we talk about is math for the most part," I tell him.

"Even if you did talk about other things it's not like I can be mad. We stopped talking for a while and I know you guys are close friends," he whispers. I give him another quick kiss before walking back to the kitchen table. Calum sits next to me on one side as Shawn sits down on the other.

"Who do you have for math?" He asks.

"Mrs. Mowers," Kennedy says.

"She was a bitch. She's always give me detention for being late," he groans, looking over my paper.

"Why we're you late that many times?" I ask.

"I didn't wanna go and my class before that was choir. The teacher would let me practice bass if I learned the parts I had to," he tells me.

"That's pretty cool. How come you never told us that?" Kennedy asks.

"That was his one rule. If I told anyone then he would have to let everyone skip out on class," he says.

"I wish I had a teacher like that," Shawn says.

"Your album drops in two days doesn't it? How are you feeling? Calum asks. I glance at the girls and they are all surprised at his question.

"I'm honestly freaking out. How did impressing the scout go?" He asks, stealing a piece of pizza.

"They told us to give them a call and to set up a time to talk about moving further but with Luke's accident we had to postpone," he tells him.

"I'm sorry man but maybe it's a sign. Now that you guys had rest you'll be able to jump right in," he says. Instead of doing my homework I get distracted by listening to their conversation. Even though they haven't talked much it's impossible to not see their platonic chemistry. If you walked into the room just now you'd believe they were best friends.

"If we are all finished here I think I'm gonna go back to Ashton's," Allison says packing her bag.

"You guys are so cute. I'm surprised he hasn't cleared a drawer for you to keep your things," Jessie says.

"Who says he hasn't?" She asks.

"I wish Michael would do that. I'm over all the time anyways," Jessie says checking the time on her phone.

"I could subtly hint at it," Calum says, looking at her while she packs her stuff.

"It's fine you don't have to. It's your apartment too I wouldn't wanna bother you," she says with a small smile.

"I'm pretty sure the only reason Michael keeps the house clean is cause you come over all the time so I don't mind," he says making us laugh.

"I'll see you guys later," Allison and Jessie call as they leave the house.

"Ella how are still not done your work?"Kennedy asks, looking over at my paper.

"Cause I'm dumb and got distracted," I answer. She passes me her paper and lets me copy it before it gets snagged away by Shawn.

"Dude come on," I groan, trying to grab it back.

"No, we will not enable your habits," he states. I glare at him before Calum starts helping me again.

"You guys care too much about my education. My parents don't even care that much," I point out.

"If you fail out we won't be able to graduate together. So learn it or I'll kick you ass," Kennedy says. I widen my eyes and get back to work as she grabs a pizza slice.

It takes a while but I finally finish once I focus on the work and not what's going on around me.

"My parents are asking where I am. I'll see you tomorrow El. Bye boys,"she says before heading towards the front door. Calum gets up and kisses the top of my head, grabbing his keys from the counter.

"I'm gonna head out too. Tell me when you plan on talking to Luke so I can not be home for it," he says making Shawn laugh.

"How come your leaving?" I ask with a slight frown.

"Cause Shawn's visiting and I figured you'd wanna hang out with him without me around," he says with a small laugh. I walk him to the door and throw my arms around his shoulders.

"I really like you, you know that?" I ask, playing with the hair on the back of his neck.

"You're making it hard to leave," he whispers, kissing the edge of my mouth.

"It's nice to know I have that effect on you," I whisper, before walking back to the kitchen. Shawn is sitting there eating a piece of pizza before tilting the box towards me.

"wanna watch a movie?" I ask. He nods his head and follows me into the living room before turning to me.

"Calum's a pretty cool guy"

"I'm glad you think so. You guys got along alarmingly well," I tell him.

"I'm just surprised he left us alone in an empty house," he says making me laugh.

"Something about him in the past couple days has been different but I'm not complaining," I smile.

"It's good you guys are making it work," he says. I pass him the remote and he picks a random movie on Netflix.