Part 12: After the Party

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Ella's Pov—

"Dean...use your legs. Why are you so heavy?" I groan, trying to get him into the guest room. He leans against my bedroom door and gives me a look.

"How about I sleep in here?" He whispers, pulling me in for a kiss. I'm still pretty drunk but I'm sober enough. I feel like everytime I've seen him drunk he's been pretty pushy with this stuff.

"One more door," I tell him, trying to distract him. Instead, he grabs my doorknob, letting himself into my room. He falls onto my bed, kicking his shoes off.

"Dean, please can we go to the guest room?" I ask, trying to pull him off the bed.

"All we ever do is make out and now you won't even let me sleep in your bed?" He asks, looking annoyed.

"I just.... would rather you be sober the first time you spend the night," I tell him, picking at my fingernails. He rolls his eyes, grabbing his shoes off the floor.

"Seriously, grow up El," he mumbles, walking out of the room.

"Are you seriously mad at me because I don't want to sleep with you right now?" I ask, shocked at how he's acting. Dean has only ever been sweet and understanding.

"What do you mean right now?" he asks mocking me, "I'm not happy about it. Seriously El, every time I try to make a move or go further in our relationship you freeze up," he says.

"Let me get this straight. You're mad cause I'm insecure and not ready to have sex?" I ask. His tongue shoots out wetting his lips. He stares at me trying to think of what to say.

"You're making me sound like an asshole," he says, clenching his jaw.

"No I think you're doing a pretty good job of that yourself," Calum says, walking up the stairs. Dean scoffs at him interrupting our conversation. Clearly he's sobered up since getting home.

"Can you learn to just stay out of other peoples business?" He asks. I look between the two boys and contemplate getting Luke.

"It became my business when you started yelling at Ella," he says, walking closer to Dean. Putting himself in between us, making sure to block Dean from seeing me.

"You're right. Cause Ella can't handle her own shit. When will you man up and tell her how you really feel?" He asks, pushing Calum's chest. Before I can grab my phone to text the guys, a punch is thrown. Calum narrows his eyes at the boy, knocking Dean into the doorframe. A gasp falls from my lips as Dean pushes Calum back into the wall, knocking a picture frame down. The glass from a family portrait litters the floor. I scream for Luke and see Kennedy and Allison at the bottom of the stairs. Luke and Ashton run between them to get up to us, Michael staying with the girls.

Dean lands a punch to Calum's face, blood surfacing on his lip. Calum recoils touching his lip to see the blood on his fingers. He lunged at the boy but Luke pulls Dean away from him as Ash grabs Calum.

"What is going on?" Ashton yells, putting his hand on Calum's chest, looking at the two boys.

"Get the fuck out of this house," Calum states looking at Dean. A chill runs down my spine at how deep his voice gets. Dean slips on his shoes, pushing past everyone and going downstairs. The front door slams and everyone looks to Calum for an explanation. Luckily they stopped it before something worse could happen.

"Are you okay?" Michael asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Its fine. I'm fine. I'm gonna go to bed," I say, giving Calum one last glance. I know I shouldn't take my anger out on them, but everything is happening too fast.

-

I look at the clock and see the bright numbers. 3 hours have passed and I've been looking at the ceiling waiting to feel tired. Too much has happened in the past 24 hours for me to sleep. I grab my phone going on Spotify to turn on my sad playlist to put me to sleep. A soft knock sounds from my door breaking me out of my concentration. It opens and Calum's head pops in seeing me on my phone in the dark room.

"Calum?" I whisper. He steps into the room, turning on my Christmas lights so he can see me.

"Are you okay? I didn't want to ask with everyone there," he says, awkwardly standing in front of the door. I put my phone down, playing with the hem of my blanket, "please stop doing that. I can't handle you not talking to me. You've been ignoring me," he tells me, shifting on his feet feeling vulnerable.

"I haven't been ignoring you"

"Don't lie to me little Hemmings. Every time I come over for band practice you leave. When we hang out as a group you busy yourself with the girls. I could go on," he says, sounding exhausted.

"You were always inviting Lily. No offense she's fucking annoying," I say, making him laugh.

"You're right....Wait so you kept inviting Dean cause you didn't want to deal with Lily?" He questions, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Not entirely but a big part," I tell him honestly.

"So you were jealous?" He asks sounding amused. I roll my eyes, getting comfortable in my bed again.

"Calum...thank you for protecting me," I tell him, as he goes to open my bedroom door again.

"Get some sleep Ella. You're clearly still drunk cause your complimenting me," he teases. The doors almost shut when I call his name again. He pops back in giving me a confused look.

"Would you mind staying?" I whisper, scared what he will say. Instead of answering he comes back into the room shutting the door behind him. He's goes into my closet and steals a pair of sweatpants I stole from Luke.

"Don't look little perv," he says, starting to take off his pants.

"I think every time you guys have a sleepover here one of you ends up in my room stealing my clothes," I tell him while laughing.

"It's cause Luke yells at us for taking his. But if I steal his clothes from you he only gets mad at you"

He throws his jeans on the floor and lays down on the bed next to me. I pull the blanket out from underneath him and throw it over the two of us, "Where did you even meet Lily?" I ask, turning in my side go face Calum. He looks confused where this question came from.

"At a party. I texted her when I saw you talking to Dean. You're not the only one who got jealous," he whispers. Thankfully the lighting in the room is too low for him to notice the red hue that occupies my cheeks. Moments pass and we both have questions we are dying to ask. I break the silence with the most important question.

"What is this? What are we doing?" I ask. He puts his arm out and pulls me closer to him. My head resting on his chest, as his hand plays with the ends of my hair.

"Get some sleep little Hemmings," he whispers, leaving a small kiss on the top of my head. Why can't he ever give me a straight answer?