Chapter 34: emotions

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Ella's Pov-

"Calum I have school tomorrow I can't stay over. My parents are expecting me home," I tell him, as he picks me up and starts walking to his room. I scream his name and he just smacks my ass before tossing me on the bed, "When do you even work out? How are you that strong?" I groan, sitting up on my arms.

"You're acting like it's a chore to stay over," he says, sliding his shirt off and chucking it in the corner. I don't think I'll ever get over when he does that. He makes it look so casual but I know if I did that he would freak out.

"It's not that. I just don't want you to get sick of me always being around," I state, burrowing my face in his pillow. The scent of his cologne immediately fills my nose. The room gets oddly quiet so I turn around and see him standing there, "what are you doing?" I ask.

"I was waiting for a laugh to tell me you're joking. Ella, we've grown up together and I've always wanted to be around you. 95% of the times I came over for a sleep over it was just an excuse to see you," he reveals.

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better. I'm just in my own head," I assure him.

"It's not fine. You don't have to hide that shit from me," he tells me. I nod my head and tell him that I'll voice my emotions sooner next time.

"Talk to me. Don't assume I'm gonna get 'tired of you' when I'm the one asking you to stay," he says, throwing a t-shirt at me. I get off the bed changing into his shirt as the door opens.

Someone screams and slams the door shut. We both look at each other and go it to see Michael covering his eyes, "Please tell me I didn't walk in on you two about to have sex," he says.

"We were going to bed you dirty minded weenie," I tell him.

"Hey I'm starting to think you forgot about your best friend," he says.

"I just talked to Kennedy today," I joke. He holds his heart and fake cries until Calum asks him what's up.

"The guys wanted to see if you were down to practice before we go to the studio tomorrow," he says.

"He would love to," I tell him. Calum looks at me and goes to argue but I tell him I'll see him soon, "Music takes priority," I announce, going to grab my phone.

"You can stay here and when I come back up we can cuddle," he offers.

"Cal, I need to get some sleep. I would love to....another night," I tell him. He frowns before giving me a quick kiss. He throws me his green empathy hoodie and tells me to wear it at school tomorrow. I playfully roll my eyes before giving Michael a hug goodnight.

"Have fun practicing," I yell before shutting the door. I immediately bump into someone in the hallway and stumble a little.

"Isn't it a school night missy?" Luke asks looking down at me.

"I'm going home don't worry," I tell him as Ashton joins us.

"Why are you in Calum's shirt?" He asks. I mentally face palm and see Luke's face go through a thousand different emotions.

"He threw it at me....to sleep in...cause he wanted me to stay over," I tell them. Calum and Michael exit their apartment just as I finish my statement and Ashton just laughs.

"We ready?" Michael asks. Luke nods his head while glaring at him. The five of us walk to the elevator and it's uncomfortably quiet. As it gets to the first floor I wave a goodbye but Calum says he's gonna walk me to my car.

"Sorry about last minute band practice," he says, linking his fingers with mine.

"It's good you guys are this excited. Your fans will see that when you start touring and appreciate the effort you guys put in," I tell him. We slow down as we get to my car and he wraps his arms around me. He stalls his movements before pulling away.

"Have I asked you to be my girlfriend yet?" He questions.

"I guess not," I say, thinking back on it.

"Would you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks. I nod my head and lean up to press my lips against his

"You taste really good," he mumbles against my lips, "Watermelon?". I nod my head and deepen our kiss until he pulls away, "if you don't leave now I won't be able to help myself," he smirks.

"Always thinking dirty thoughts Mr. Hood. It's not healthy," I tease, unlocking my car. He gives me one last kiss before I get in and blast the heat. I watch as he runs inside and almost slips on ice near the front. I pull out of the parking lot and quickly make it home just so I can lay in bed.