Chapter 28: Giving In

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Ella's Pov-

"What the fuck?" Kennedy asks, as we sit on Luke's bed. The party is still going strong outside the door but she pulled me away noticing something was wrong.

"I told Shawn I was in love with Calum before the summer ended. Then we had this moment upstairs when the ball dropped. The kiss was so different and I can't deny that I didn't feel anything," I ramble. I watch her eyes go wide and her just say wow.

"You sure like getting close with the wrong guys," she teases.

"I know. He's leaving right after his album drops to go to LA," I groan, flopping back on the bed.

"So....you're in love with Calum huh?" She asks with raised eyebrows. I grab Luke's pillow and try not to scream into it.

"Why is my love life terrible?" I ask, sitting up in the bed

"I say have fun and forget about labels and love. Calum is an asshole who is hot and you can't stop thinking about while Shawn is amazing but is going to be traveling for work," she says.

"Does this mean I'm officially entering my hoe era?" I ask, with a smirk on my face.

"Everyone has one and I think senior year is the perfect time to play all your cards," she says. We both open the door to Luke's room and look our on the party.

"How do I be a hoe if I'm a virgin who gets scared by intimacy?" I ask. She rolls her eyes while laughing and drags me out of the room. She walks us over to Calum and Luke and tells them we are playing spin the bottle. Calum and I both look at each other and remember the last time we played. We go into Ashton's room and leave the door open. There's Allison, Ashton, Michael, Jessie, Shawn, Luke, Kennedy, and Calum. I sit in between Kennedy and Calum.

"Why are we playing this?" Michael asks, sipping on his beer.

"For fun. We are all drunk and life is too short," Kennedy says. Everyone is shocked by her confidence and Luke just looks at her surprised. She spins the bottle first and she cheers as it lands on Luke. He pulls her in and connects their lips for a deep kiss. Shawn has to pull them away before they get too heated. He spins the bottle and it lands on Ashton.

"I'm really starting to believe you guys are secretly dating," I joke. Everyone laughs as Luke pecks his lips. Ashton gags and wipes his lips off before spinning the bottle. It lands on Jessie and he awkwardly kneels to reach her. They share a short kiss and she quickly spins. This time it lands on me and she laughs. I lean over and she plants a fat kiss on my lips.

I spin the bottle and it feels like an eternity before it stops. It finally slows down landing on Calum. I feel Shawn's eyes on me as we both lean in between the group. Kennedy covers Luke's eyes making me laugh as Calum caresses my cheek. He pulls me in for a deep kiss, his tongue immediately in my mouth. I kiss him back before pulling away and sit down trying to avoid Shawn's eyes. I sip on my drink and watch as Calum spins landing on Kennedy. She snorts at the awkwardness before kissing his cheek. This game shortly becomes fun when everyone realizes how stupid it is. We decide to have one more round and for Shawn to spin. He twirls it around and I almost choke on my drink as it lands on me. He looks over at me and I put my drink down.

"I don't need to see this," Luke says as Kennedy helps him off the floor. Everyone laughs as he hobbles out of the room. Shawn copies Calum's movements and pulls me in for a deep kiss. I'm the one who pulls away and I can see the two glaring at each other.