Part 7: Filming

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

Favorite ship Cella or Lennedy?

-

—Ella's Pov-

Waking up early when you don't have to is cruel and unusual punishment. Especially when your body doesn't let you go back to sleep. My phone shows that it's almost 10 am, meaning it's late enough to annoy Luke. I knock on his door and hear him mumble for me to go away. I open his door and jump onto his bed, making him groan.

"Get off me you weigh a ton," he says, pushing me.

"Oh hush. How was your date last night?" I ask, sitting on his bed with my back against the wall.

"I'm really falling for her El, she's amazing and I really regret not realizing it sooner," he tells me. He goes on and on about how amazing the date was, "the way her eyes glow when she talks about things that are important to her...I wanna be with her all the time," he adds.

"She definitely wouldn't hate that. You guys are so disgustingly cute," I groan, lying down so my head are where his feet are.

"What did you do last night?" He asks. I sit up a little, leaning on my elbows.

"Watched some movies with the guys...nothing much," I smile.

"What's your plan for the day?" He asks.

"Didn't really have one? Why?" I ask.

"Same...do you wanna brainstorm ideas for the music video?" He asks.

"Sure"

-

-

"The plan is to just film you guys playing the song and enjoying yourself on stage. Plus some clips of you guys close up when singing into a mic," I explain.

"It's simple, I like it," Michael says, grabbing his guitar.

"Where's Ashton?" Kennedy asks, just as the garage door opens. His frazzled appearance startles us.

"Sorry I'm late," he smiles, sitting at his drum set. Kennedy grabs the camera her brother lent her when I notice it. When everyone's distracted I take a closer look and can't help but laugh.

"Are you going out with a vampire? Jesus these are intense," I say, pulling his hoodie down. He pushes my hands away, pulling his hood back up.

"Let's just practice," he says, trying to change the subject.

"We were gonna film some clips for the music video today. I guess we can wait until they fade enough not to be noticed," Luke says.

"No, everyone's excited to do it now. Ashton come to my room I'll see what I can do," I tell him.

"Little Hemmings...I don't think giving him more hickeys is gonna help our situation here," Michael teases. I flip him off, while dragging Ashton out of the garage.

"Seriously, who is this girl?" I ask, sitting him down at my vanity. I look at him through the mirror, standing behind him.

"We have been hooking up awhile and last night was our first official date," he tells me. His smile spreads ear to ear as his cheeks brighten.

"How come you've never told us about her?" I ask. The foundation is a little too light but it should be fine on camera. I use one of my brushes and some color corrector to hide it as much as possible.

"I didn't think it was serious at first but she's really cool. I know her friend sucks and i felt bad that Calum left but Allison is nothing like her," he explains.

"Is she also a cheerleader?" I ask. He nods his head, looking at the mark disappearing.

"Oooo you'll have your own cheerleader at your gigs now. How cute," I laugh. After placing my brush down, he moves to the mirror that's on the back of my bedroom door. He smiles at the coverup, "thank you little Hemmings. And trust me no one will ever replace our number one fan," he reassures.

"Definitely not worried about that. I'm thinking about how nice it will be to have another girl around...if you ever man up and bring her around," I tease. I push past the boy, opening up my door and walking downstairs.

The guys are tuning their instruments as Kennedy plays on her phone.

"Let's film this shit," I smile. Kennedy sits up holding the camera.

-

-

Kennedy hands me the camera, sitting down on the couch with Luke.

"Can you film Calum playing the bass for a little? I'm fricking exhausted from Ashton needing his drumstick twirls to be perfect," she groans.

"The final shot was perfect," he grumbles. I turn it on, recording Calum chilling on the couch. Just as he looks up a pillow collided with his face, knocking the headphones out of his ears.

"What's up?" He asks, seeing the camera pointed at him.

"Your turn"

He hops up and grabs his bass, standing in front of Ashton's drum set. He does some poses looking like a dork.

"Before you start filming, do we wanna get food?" Michael asks.

"What kind of food?" I ask.

"I'm craving Chinese food," Luke says. We all agree and give our orders to Michael and Ashton. Luke and Kennedy start following them out, "are you guys not gonna help us?" I ask. Michael and Kennedy give each other a look.

"Luke and I figured you wouldn't wanna watch us make out," she smiles. They close the door behind them, leaving Calum and I in the garage. Alone. Typical.

"How do you want me?" He asks, fixing the strap around his body.

"Just let it come naturally when you play the song," I tell him. I turn the track on and he plays along to it. The camera starts rolling as he starts playing.

He makes a face towards the camera making me laugh. He starts his signature head bobbing as he really gets into the music. I zoom in on his face, making sure to zoom out during his riff. He jumps down from where he's standing and moves along with the music, walking closer to me. His motions stopping once his chest hits the camera. I look up at him, my breathing becoming shallow. My hands fall to my sides, letting the camera rest on the couch. The track ends but he stays still, not daring to leave the closeness of our bodies.

"I think I got some good footage," I whisper. He nods his head, looking between my eyes and my lips, "I should upload it to the computer," I add, as he moves closer.

"You do that," he mumbles, finally pressing his lips to mine. I move my hand to his cheek, trying to deepen the kiss but his bass gets in the way. He pulls away, throwing the strap off him, putting his bass on the couch. Slowly he walks forward until my back is pressed against the wall. I can't help my hands that make there way to his chest, moving his tank top in the process. His tattoos peeking out behind the fabric. I move my gaze back up to his eyes watching my every move. He leans in again, "Calum, I can't do this," I whisper, pushing away from him.