Chapter 20: Hemmings Night

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Ella's Pov-

"Ella grab my wallet from my dresser," Luke yells from the lunchroom. When I exit the bathroom and walk in his room it's laying next to a picture of him and Kennedy.

He yells my name again so I run in and throw him the wallet for him to give money to the pizza guy, "It sucks Ashton had to work," I say, immediately digging in.

"He should be home before you leave. So, how's life," he asks, making me laugh.

"Work suck. All the costumers are assholes and I don't even make that much. I'm just too lazy to find a new one," I tell him.

"Maybe Ashton can get you a job," he says. I shrug my shoulders and try not to think about it too much.

"How about you? Still head over heels for my best friend?" I tease.

"Shut up. You're just jealous of what we have," he says, rolling his eyes.

"Ouch"

"Come on aren't you and Calum inseparable at this point," he asks. I give him a small smile and try to change the subject but he gives a look. The look he always gives me when he knows something is up, "You can talk to me, ya know?" He says making me feel bad.

"Calum ghosted me after the movie night. It's fine really....I think I'm just gonna follow everyone's advice and move on," I say, trying not give away how upset I really am. I can tell he's pissed at Calum and honestly I would be to if Kennedy did that to him. I don't want to ruin their friendship over something stupid, "trust me it's fine. I'm over it," I reassure. He's still not convinced but he drops the subject.

"Does Michael know? I think he was going to bring him over later," he tells me. I shake my head and see him pull out his phone, "don't worry about it. I told them it's a family night," he says trying to cheer me up. He passes me the remote and lets me choose the movie. Horror movie it is. Just as the movie starts I hear him turn to look at me.

"What?"

"How about that Shawn guy?" He asks, making me laugh.

"Both you and Kennedy had the same idea. Don't you think it's weird if I texted him?" I point out.

"He clearly liked you. I may not like how much he did but he did. Text him and see if he will come to our party on Thursday," he tells me.

"A party on Thursday?"

"What it's thirsty Thursday,"He says like it's obvious.

"I'll text him tomorrow. Don't wanna bother him," I say, making up an excuse.

"Ella Evelyn Hemmings, you are going to text this boy right now. I will not have you depressed at one of our parties again," he states. I realize he's not going to let me unpause the movie until I do, do I take out my phone.

Ella: hey...there's a party this Thursday at Luke's apartment. I was wondering if you'd go with me?
                                              Sent 9:47

"Good, now we can wait for his reply while the movie plays," he says, proud that I actually texted him.

———
"Do you wanna make brownies?" He asks right as the movie ends.

"Do you even have the ingredients to make brownies?" I ask, following him into the kitchen. He pulls everything out they we need and I have to say I'm impressed. I figured they were living on pizza and ramen.

"Ashton and I are lot more out together than you would think," he sasses, throwing a measuring cup at my head. I place my phone on the counter and wash my hands. When I turn around to grab a towel I see him looking at my phone, "Why didn't you tell me he responded?" He asks.

"I didn't know he did," I tell him. He passes the phone back and read what he said.

Shawn: I'd love to but what about Calum?

"What should I say to that?" I ask, sitting on the counter next to him.

"Just tell him there is no you and Calum. You're seeing what else is out there," he says. I text back exactly what he said and feel my stomach drop. Why am I so nervous?

"Lukey Pookey, I'm home," Ashton yells throwing his bag on the floor. He sees me in the kitchen and freezes, "That's not what it sounds like," he says making me laugh.

"What are you guys secretly dating or something?" I ask, hopping off. I grab a pan and bowl out to set them on the counter. I look at the guys and they are now holding hands with a guilty look on their faces, "Oh my fucking god."

They pull away laughing and Ashton goes to his room to change, "no we aren't secretly dating you loser I love Kennedy," he says making me smile.

"Love, huh?"

"Do you think it's too soon to tell her that? I don't wanna chase her away," he asks.

"You're all she talks about. Tell her how you really feel," I say, making him smile uncontrollably.

"I thought the guys were coming over?" Ashton asks coming out in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"We decided on a family night that you so rudely interrupted," Luke says.

"Oh my bad for going home after work," he says, making me laugh. I hear my phone buzz on the counter and Luke starts teasing me. Of course that interests Ashton. I turn the phone and show him the messages. He instantly looks confused and points in the direction of Michael and Calum's apartment.

"I'll fill you in," Luke says as I text him back.

Shawn: then I would love to go to the party with you. I'll pick you up at 8

Ella: can't wait x

"God, I'm such an idiot, why would I put an x next to my message? He's gonna think I'm a creep now," I groan dramatically. The guys look at the text and say it's fine and he probably thought it was cute.

"I like Shawn. Hopefully Calum doesn't pull anything," he says, making me think about how he reacted last time.

"He has to right. I told him I liked him and it felt like we were moving in the direction of a relationship but then he ghosted me like an asshole," I state.

"Yeah no one treats my baby sister like that," Luke repeated.