Chapter 23: Shawn's Party

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Ella's Pov-

"I got decorations, cake, drinks, games, and...I think that's everything," I announce to the group. The girls place all the bags down on the counter.

"Where are Ashton and Calum?" I ask.

"They went to the gym. They will be back for tonight," Michael says rubbing the back of his neck. Kennedy and I take the decorations. We put a giant sign in the living room saying come back soon. It's a bit cheesy but I can also tell Jessie is sad to see him go.

"Why are there 3 cakes?" Allison asks, putting them into the fridge.

"Cause we had no idea what kind he liked," Kennedy says.

"And there are a lot of people. Who doesn't love free cake?"

"Thanks for doing all of this guys. Im gonna miss him like crazy. We were basically best friends when we were in camp. We even made these friendship bracelets with our initials," Jessie says pulling us in for a group hug.

"I loved making friendship bracelets. And of course any friend of yours is a friend of ours. Plus he kind of helped me figure things out," I point out.

"He's a great guy. I never doubted he wouldn't fit in. I just missed him a lot. It's weird being so far from where I grew up," she tells us.

"Maybe we can all visit Toronto on our Christmas break. Like a friends vacation?" Kennedy says.

"I'm so down for that. Ashton and I could use a couples weekend too," Allison says.

"Sounds like we should get planning," I smile.

———
Shawn: which apartment?

Ella: Luke's

I tell Jessie that he's in the elevator and she says she's gonna go meet him there, "hopefully he likes it," I nervously say.

"He'd be an idiot not to," Calum says as he walks into the kitchen. I excuse myself by grabbing a drink and going into the living room. It's childish to stay away from him like this but it's for the best. At least for now.

"Looks like you can't wait to get rid of me," Shawn jokes, sneaking up on me. I turn around and give him a hug.

"It's not a celebration of you leaving it's a celebration to hold you over until you come back," I tell him.

"Can we go talk somewhere quiet?" He asks. I nod my head and walk into the hallway. We take the elevator up to the top floor until we get to the rooftop.

"Can't believe you ditched your own party," I joke, leaning on the edge of the building. He puts his hand on my waist, surprising me with a kiss.

"The song that you did some vocals for. I decided to keep them in if that's okay?" He tells me.

"They sounded terrible. I don't wanna ruin your first album," I state.

"Please like you could. It's a thank you for welcoming me into your group. I'm gonna miss Ashton and his drunken rants about weed," he tells me.

"What time is your flight?" I ask, curious when he's leaving officially.

"6 am. Tomorrow I'm at the studio for some finishing touches. Then I'm going sightseeing with Jessie," he tells me.

"So, this is the last time I will see you," I point out.

"Come on flings aren't supposed to be emotional," he says making me laugh