Chapter 36| Tell me im right

Updates may be a little slow, please bare with. I'm doing like 90 hours a week at work atm and I'm tired😭

Meredith chased after Derek as he stormed out the closest exit and out to the parking lot . "Derek wait!" She shouted as she ran after him. He made no effort to stop. "Talk to me, Derek!" She called again as he unlocked the trailer door with rage. She followed him inside as he threw things around in anger.

"What's going on? I've never seen you like this!" Meredith shouted as he began tugging on his hair. "I killed a kid, Meredith!" He shouted at her. "You didn't kill him. He was going to die anyway! You were his last hope!" Meredith retorted as she picked up some of the things he'd thrown around. "I was his last hope?! Yeah that doesn't make me feel better" Derek exclaimed before his voice choked up a little bit. Meredith stopped and looked at him as he stopped his pacing. "Der-" she stepped closer to him and grabbed his hand.

Suddenly he broke into tears as his head fell onto Meredith's shoulder. She held him close, as tight as she possibly could as she stroked his back. "It okay" she whispered gently. His tears soaked her shirt as he clung to her for dear life. Meredith knew there was more to this than just the surgery. They'd lost patients before, it was the part that made neurosurgery so cut-throat, but she'd never seen him behave like this before. She knew something else had happened, and her money was on Richard.

"Here, let's sit down" she said as she took them to the bed. "Here" she handed him a box of tissues and grabbed a glass of water for him. He eventually calmed down and laid back on the mattress where Meredith joined him.

"Talk to me, Der. I've seen you at your worst and I don't want it happening again" she said as she looked at him. He shook his head. "I can't tell you" he whispered. Meredith frowned, not understanding what was going on. "Why not?" She asked quietly. "I-" he felt tears rise in his eyes again. "I need you to promise me something before I tell you" he said. Meredith frowned. "Anything." She smiled as him as she stroked the back of his hand with her thumb. "I need you to promise that you'll go on this vacation with me tonight, despite what I'm about to tell you because you're stubborn and I just need you to have this vacati-" he rambled nervously but she cut him off with a gentle kiss. "Okay...okay I will. Promise." She said.

Derek took a deep breath to calm his frustration. "I went to speak to Richard about taking the time off and he wasn't happy about it. He gave me an ultimatum." Derek explained. Meredith sat up a little. "What was it?" She asked carefully as she squeezed his hand. "It was our vacation...or Mark and Addison come to work at Seattle Grace..." Derek said. He cringed as he watched her face drop and she sat up. "No."she said as she stood up.

Derek sat up and offered her his comforting hand but she dismissed it. "No?" He asked. "No. We're not going on vacation." Meredith spoke sternly. Derek sighed. "Yes, we are." He retorted. Meredith was taken back by his confidence to argue with her on this one. "No, Derek. We're not." She said again. "You just promised." Derek noted. Meredith sighed in frustration. She was pissed at him, but she was angry at Richard.

"No, Derek. They aren't moving to Seattle just because you want me to go on vacation!" She began to shout. "We are going Meredith. I made my decision." Derek said. "Well I didn't! Are you seriously going to let them come back and ruin your life and crash your mental health just so we can go on vacation together?! You're insane, Derek!"

"Yes I am because I'm putting you first. I promised you a vacation, that's what we're doing. End of discussion!" Derek shouted back. "Why are you choosing me over you? We could go on vacation any time but Mark and Addison are going to put you back in the same place you were 2 months ago and I won't let that happen! We are not going!" Meredith shouted back. "You think that I want them back? That I wouldn't rather them stay in New York and I never have to see them again? I went to therapy, I healed! What Mark and Addison do is their business. My focus is on my girlfriend and my resident and right now she needs a vacation. We are going!" He shouted back at her.

Without much thinking, he grabbed her face and slammed his lips onto hers as they caught in a heavy kiss. She moaned against his lips as they stumbled onto the bed, ripping their clothes off in urgency.

"We are going." He mumbled before he nipped her neck, smoothing it over with a kiss. His hands roamed her body frantically as he pulled away her panties and climbing on top of her. She looked up at him through hooded eyes, "We're not." She demanded adamantly. Derek kissed her hard, reminding her of what she could be missing out on, but she still wasn't having it.

Before she could continue her fight, he suddenly flipped her over onto her stomach as his burning erection pressed into her thigh. "We are." He grunted before suddenly slipping into her pussy from behind.

He didn't give her the chance to reply as he began fucking her deep. She cried out, the pain and the pleasure making her ache for more. He's certainly good at convincing. He thrusted his hips rhythmically into her, taking her deep as moans escaped her lips. "Fuck Derek" she cried out as she gripped the sheets below her. His hands came from her hair and traced down her spine before coming around the front to rub her clit. She was already teetering on the edge, but this nearly sent her flying.

"Tell me I'm right." Derek said as he brought her upright as he continued to thrust into her. "Tell me I'm right and we're going on this vacation" he whispered in her ear as his other hand grabbed her breast. She moaned at his actions as she met his thrusts with her own, chasing her own release.

"You're right, you're right! We can go on vacation" she cried out as her orgasm hit her. She screamed his name and collapsed forward as her whole body spasmed around him. The vice on his cock was too much for him to bare as he slowly fucked her through her orgasm, his own quickly approaching.

Without any warning, Meredith flipped him on his back and pinned his shoulders to the bed before rolling her hips into his. Derek groaned under her hold, squeezing her thighs. "Meri-" he gasped. She smiled at him, suddenly climbing off of him and down the bed. She grabbed his throbbing cock in her hands and brought him to her lips as she kissed the tip. He was on the brink of release and watching her begin to suck him was feeling like insanity as she took him to the back of her throat. "Meri!" He gasped suddenly at the burning pleasure in his lower abdomen as she throated him deep. "Fuck, Meri!" He hissed as her thrusted into her mouth unabashedly. She hummed in delight, the vibrations sensing him over the edge and into the abyss as he came in her mouth with a moan.

She sucked him dry before crawling up the bed, laying her head on his chest for a moment. "That was..." Derek sighed breathlessly. Meredith simply nodded, too exhausted to argue right now. Because she did was to argue, because he was wrong to make that decision without her and she felt she was put in an awkward position which would ultimately lead to Derek falling back into his depression- and that was the last thing she wanted.

"I- I need to go- um- go check on a patient" she stuttered as she pulled her scrub top back over her head and slipping on her pants. "Meredith, wait-" Derek said. "I really have to go" she muttered as she tied up her shoes. "I'm sorry. I should have asked you first but you have to understand that I was putting you firs-" he tried to explain but he was halted when she ran out the room and slammed the door closed.

Derek sighed as he fell back on the bed before looking at the time and realising that it was only midday. He didn't even know if they were going on this vacation, but he needed to get back to work and face the reality that he did indeed lose a patient today and that often came with a mountain of paperwork and most likely a lawsuit for him and Richard to settle.

He quickly got dressed and walked across the parking lot, up to his office. When he reached his desk, he notice a blue post-it stuck to his laptop.

See you at 5. Talk later. Love you x

He smiled to himself as he held the note from Meredith. Talking was good, and meeting at 5 meant she was following their original plan to meet back at the trailer before going to the airport. Slowly but surely he was beginning to see the change in her. Deep down he could see her confidence grow and he knew how much taking a vacation was a big leap for her

If only he knew how much this vacation would change their lives...