Chapter 32| The Letter

It was now late into Christmas morning and Meredith was still fast asleep as Derek made them a special breakfast. He was always a health nut, always eating muesli, but this morning he decided to pull out the waffle maker he never used.

"Meri, wake up, I've made us some breakfast" he gently shook her awake as he placed the waffles on the small table. "Hmm- sleep" she mumbled as she rolled away from him. Derek laughed to himself, she was so tired after a busy week and last nights activities.

He threw the covers back and cuddled in behind her, kissing her neck and the back of her shoulder gently. "I've made you some waffles" he mumbled as his hands roamed the side of her body. "Ooo waffles!" she grinned as she rolled over the face him and cuddled into his arms. "I can't believe that this is real" she whispered as she looked to him. He didn't feel real. "I know, we've waited so long, but I think we did the right thing" he mumbled into her hair before kissing her forehead. "Definitely worth the wait" she smiled as she gently kissed his chest. "So worth it." He signed as she kissed his neck and her hands wandered his body.

"Mmm- waffles first, sex later" she laughed as she sat up suddenly. Derek rolled on his back. "You're a tease" he laughed as she began shoving her face with the chocolate waffles he'd made her. "Have you taken your pills today?" She asked with a mouthful of food. He smiled to himself, it was impossible not to love her. "First thing when I woke up" he smiled at her and kissed her cheek before climbing out of bed and leaving for the kitchen area.

Meredith watched him as he searched around the kitchen. She certainly wasn't angry about the sight. He was shirtless and in nothing but his pyjama pants, and the thin material certainly didn't leave much to the imagination. She rubbed her thighs together, damn was she lucky.

Once she'd ate her waffles, she set the plate aside and stood up to close the bedroom door. "Meri?" She heard him ask from the other side. "I'll just be 5 minutes!" She called and grinned as she made the bed. Finally that shopping trip with Amelia and Lexie months ago was coming into hand as she pulled out a red lace lingerie set. She never had any plans of wearing it for Derek, or wearing it for Christmas either, but both had fallen into place at the same time so she thought she'd give him an extra little gift.

She rubbed her body with lotion for a little extra shine before lighting some candles. She wasn't expecting her and Derek to get together over the week before Christmas, so the gifts she'd bought him were bought as his friend, not his girlfriend. Girlfriend?! But she decided to still give him what she'd got him.

She laid on the bed on her stomach as she propped herself on her elbows before placing the bag at the foot of the bed. Guys like this, right? "Der, you can come in now!" She called him. She heard his footsteps approach the door. "Is everything oka-" he opened the door and he is heart stopped beating for a second.

She looks so beautiful.

"I-" he stuttered breathlessly. He walked towards her, dropping the gift bag he had in his hand on the ground as Meredith giggled and turned on her back.

"You..." he mumbled as he climbed on the bed on top of her. She laughed loudly as he peppered her cheek with kisses. He kissed her jaw before sucking on her neck. "Hmm- no hickeys" she glared at him playfully as her finger traced his biceps. She was lost in his eyes, his ever-blue eyes.

She suddenly flipped them around and straddled his waist as she rolled her hips into him, making him moan. "You're so gorgeous" he whispered as he stroked her hip bone with his thumb, teasing the elastic of her thong.