CHAPTER | 9

A/N: I will try to indicate POV again from now on:)

-----

Miyeon POV

This month is so busy for College students, our finals are coming and every student is in different zones. Minnie and I are reviewing in our usual spot. We are back to our usual setup, thankful our talk that night fix our miss understandings that I've caused.

"Argghh!! So hard!!~~"
I smile as I heard her complain, she removes her glasses and stretches her body.

"It's hard to memorize the medical terminologies!"

I flip the page of the book I'm reading, I know her capability Minnie is smart she just saying those complaints.

I ask, "Why did you choose this course?"

"Because my family are a bunch of doctors, so they want me to be a doctor too"

The sadness in her voice didn't slip from my ears. I decide not to look at her.

"Miyeon let's eat outside?"
Minnie changed the topic

"I need to study hard, I'm not rich like you"
I said without sparing glance at her.

"I'm not rich, my family yes,
~~come on! Just a break"

"I'm studying"

"Hepatitis G virus can be transmitted by how?"

I look at her confused by her sudden question about Microbiology

"Just answer Miyeon"

"Parentally and sexual transmission"
I answered lazily

"See? Just break a leg! Little time for a break will not hurt"

I sighed and closes my book,

"We won't take long promise"

She gave her closed-eyed smile 😊 wiggling her brows.

"Minnie!"
A voice behind me caught our attention it was Choi Young-Jae. He's bothering Minnie consistently and I'm starting to get annoyed by his presence. I fix my things while my ears are on them.

"I've been looking for you"

I secretly rolled my eyes at what I heard.
Minnie has been trying to refuse the invitation in a polite way but Young-Jae is consistent. I walk towards them.

"We won't take long, just one meal. My treat"

I look at Minnie, she's hesitant to offend the guy, so I rest my arms on her shoulder and look at Young-Jae.

"We already plan to eat before you came"

Giving him a cold look, I feel Minnie's eyes on me confused because I didn't accept her invitation yet.

"Ahh, it's that true Minnie?"

"Yes, Young-Jae, I'm sorry"

Why sorry? Do you want to go with him?

"But, If you want to go with him I understand"

I said but I swear I will feel hurt if she chooses to go with him.

"Oh, no, it's ok Miyeon, maybe next time, I will ask her early" the persistence of this man is unbelievable.

We are cut by Minnie's voice
"Ahmm, we gonna go Young-Jae, let's go Miyeon"

we walk out of the park still my arms on her shoulder.

I look back and Choi is already gone. I felt a sudden attack from Minnie, she elbowed me and it landed on my stomach. I hissed because I was startled but the pain is bearable.