CHAPTER | 25

Soojin Pov.

My hands caressed my lover's naked back,
Bodies are tangled together under the sheet. We are just done making love but something came to my mind.

I was looking at the ceiling thinking about the new board member we met last two days ago...

shocked because I didn't know that his my friend's father, Minnie didn't introduce her father to us because they are not on good terms, only Lisa knows him so this is my first time seeing him.

I felt Shuhua's naked body snuggle more to me. She reached my face to make me look at her beautiful face.

"Jinjin, you seem occupied, what's bothering you?"

Her eyes really know my soul.

" just something came to my mind"

"What is it?"

"Minnie's father"

She leans back and I saw her questioning look.

"Why?"

"It's way back in our college days, and I saw that Man talking to Miyeon Unnie,"

"Really? What happened?"

"I pretend that I didn't see them and didn't try to ask about him but I saw how she cries after that man left her on the bench"

"Have you told Minnie about it?"

"No, I'm hesitant to tell her, it's been a long time"

"You should, so you are not like this while thinking your college best friend"

I sigh and refused to talk, Shuhua knows how sad I am when Miyeon disappear, she was my only best friend and family because I don't have a family at that time, it was before Shuhua came into my life.

"Is it necessary love? It's Minnie we are talking here, we know that she's not moved on fully"

"But, she's different from then. You will just inform her that her dad and Miyeon met before, that's it"

Shuhua is right, I should tell Minnie what I saw so that I will not think about it.

"Ok, I will.."

She kissed me and then snuggle into my chest.

"We should sleep now, you have a lot of scheduled patients tomorrow"

I hugged her tight and think about my talk with Minnie.

Minnie Pov...

I left the restaurant, not in a good mood, I met with my dad, and he didn't open up about his reason for staying here in Incheon. He told me that he just want to see me.

*Phone Vibrates*
Soojin is calling...

"Min, where are you?"

"Restaurant, but heading back to the hospital, why Soo?"

"Let's talk later I have something to share with you"

"Ok, see you later then"

"Thank's

*End of conversation.

I enter the emergency department and attend to the patients that rush to the ER forgetting that bothers my mind especially my dad.

Time passed and it was now evening, I remember Soojin has something to tell me so I headed to her office and saw her at her desk focus on her computer.

"Good evening Soo,"

"Hello Min, how was your day?"

"I operated 1 car accident patient and 1 appendicitis then the rest was Minor problems, how about you?"

I go to her Mini Refrigerator and get 2 pouch of carton milk and give one to Soojin,

"8 check-ups and 5 mommies give birth today"

"That's quite a lot of work"
I commented

"Yeah"

"Where is Shuhua by the way?"

"I let her go home first, I have alot of things to be done"

I sat on her single couch,

"About this morning? what were you going to tell me ?"

I saw how her face shifted to a serious facial expression, she faced me as she rest her back on her swivel chair

"Actually I don't know if this thing will still make sense to you because what I am trying to open up is about the past"

I don't know but I'm already all ears on Soojin, I know her she will not just talk to me about shallow things,

"It's ok, I want to hear it Soo"

"About the New board member"

I averted my eyes from her

"about my dad?"

"yeah,"

"What about my dad?"

"I saw him before in Seoul when we are still in college"

thinking back, I don't remember dad saying that he visits Seoul.

"He was sitting at the park bench near our University"

I crease my brow waiting for Soojin to continue. I don't know where is this heading, If she saw dad Cheating, I don't care because he's doing it to mom even when we are in Thailand.

"Is he cheating with a young College student?"

I tried to Joke because Soojin is kinda look serious,

"He is talking to Miyeon, Min."

I felt something pound my head hearing my past lover's name, but what actually shocks me more is that my dad talked to her.

What did they talk about?

"Are you sure that it was dad?"

"Yes, I'm sure, though he looks old at this time but his face did change actually~~
I didn't hear their conversation but I saw Unnie's sad face while they are talking, then she Cried after your dad left. Miyeon didn't know that I saw them but I pretend that I just saw her there crying with the plastic bags full of groceries"

I tried to remember those times Miyeon had groceries alone, there was a time that she was so down when she went home from outside buying groceries drenched in rain. That's all I remember.

Is it the same day Soojin talking about?

"She didn't tell me why she was crying that time but I felt her frustration and sadness while she was sobbing on my chest"

hearing this makes me want to look for Miyeon and ask what my dad tell to her

"Did she tell you about it Min?"

"No, she didn't,"

"But I remember after that, Miyeon became more silent. I know she was keeping something from me but sadly I didn't know what is it because after the Gradball she disappears"

I felt sad remembering her again,
what's going on? I keep remembering her lately

"Anyway, I didn't tell you this for you to think about her, I'm sorry but it bothers me not telling you that"

Soojin said worriedly

"Thanks for telling me, but as you said it's all in the past Soo"

But still, my mind overthinks,
does my dad the reason for Miyeon's disappearance?

To be Continued...

--------

:MorphineDrip
03/08/23
Published: 03/15/23