CHAPTER | 23

Minnie Pov...

"Have you heard about the news Jennie Unnie,?"
Yuqi said,

We are now having dinner at a Thailand Restaurant with the complete gang.

"What news?"
Soyeon commented, the mortal enemy of Yuqi,

"There is a new board member who came into our hospital, one of the riches families"

we just listen to Yuqi, she's very talkative as always,

"Ahh, I heard that too from dad"
Jennie said,

"I heard this person will come next week to greet us in the morning gathering. The person who will come has a child that is a doctor" Jennie added to it.

"So what's the matter? Why did you open it up here?" Soyeon on her naturally rude character toward Yuqi, sometimes I think that's the defense mechanism for her feelings toward Nurse Song.

"I just want to confirm it, don't listen if you don't like, small doc"

We kinda smile at their normal war

"Yah' stop it, please Yuqiah"
Shuhua said,

Soojin is just laughing at Shuhua, truly, Soojin as time goes by became so in love with Shuhua,

"yah! stop it, let's eat first before you proceed to your love quarrel"
Lisa said that makes us laugh she is in such a mood actually.

"Yah!!" Yuqi & Soyeon~

"Anyway commercial, we have 3 day medical Mission in the middle of this month, are we joining? This will add to our experience as a doctor" Jennie opened-up

"Wow! I would love to go hun~~ where is the place?" ~ Shuhua commented facing Soojin, then back to Jennie.

"In the province of Daegu"

"Will you join?" Lisa asking Jennie

"If you will, I will go"

"Tsk! enough cous!" Soyeon is done with her cousin Jennie and Lisa's lovey-dovey.

She stirred her Juice rolling her eyes

"Such a looser as always" ~ Yuqi's side comment

"How about you Minnie?" Soojin ask

"I want to visit Daegu again, but I will check my schedule"

I love Medical Mission, I remember one of the Missions that I joined together with my brother when I was in middle school. During that time I was pressured by my dad to get a bachelor's that in line in medicine and that was the saddest year of my life but I met someone in Daegu who inspires me to be a doctor so Daegu has a special place in my heart, I really wanted to go but I will check my schedule first.

"ooohh our workaholic doctor~!" ~~Yuqi

"No! You will Join us Yontararak" ~ Lisa, as usual always decides for me,

"Ok ok, I will try but I won't promise ok?"

We just stay for until I don't know how long, we bearly have time to have dinner together so we make sure that we really catch up to our personal lives.

But for me, I don't have a lot to share because my life revolves only around the patients, sometimes they push me to have a date yes I tried quite some times but didn't work out.

"Minnie Unnie, when was the last time you go out on a date?"

I was a bit shocked I didn't notice that the topic turns to me and it is now about my love life

"Last month I guess?" I answered Shuhua,

"Have you tried to accept your latest suitor's dinner date?"

I decide not to answer

"silence means no"
Jennie assumes but she's actually right

"Yah!! Yontararak"
It's Lisa, who really wants anyone to date me to not bury my life in the hospital,

"Unnie, when will you go on a date? it's been too long"
Shuhua,

"How was Eunhyeok Unnie?"
everyone became quiet waiting for me to answer,

"Guys, I will inform you if I already found my type"
I said smiling just to avoid this topic again because every time we touch this topic I know that my Old friends are all thinking that reason why I'm not settling to an a relationship is the same person from my past.

Thankful that they buy my joke and divert to another topic,

every time they talk about my love life status they think that because of her that I still find it hard to look for someone to be with,

actually, I did try to enter a relationship once but it didn't last long, even though I tried

I just silently sip my wine while they are throwing stories, Ideas, and experiences, sometimes I give comments on their topics but most of the time I keep quiet because for me this night is different coz I suddenly remember someone who is part of my past.

---

"take care Minnie-yah!" shouted Soojin while Shuhua hugs her on her waist

"call us when you got home ok?" Jennie standing beside Lisa who is a little bit tipsy like Soojin,

I hop into the cab and bit goodbyes to Them, Yuqi and Soyeon are already left.

"bye guys, you take care also see you tomorrow"
I bid goodbyes to them,

a quiet trip to my apartment while my mind roams around inside the cab,
I want to shrug off the thought of her that keeps entering my mind.

"Daegu"
I softly uttered

I remember that she likes that place but I don't know why, how can I know the reason?

I sighed at that thought

"Miss we're here"

The cab driver got my attention, I paid him and get myself out of the cab to walk to my apartment, I'm dying to have a shower when I got home.

I'm looking at my reflection in the mirror after I took a shower.
I'm wearing her favorite T-shirt the piglet one.

I smiled bitterly,

Even years have passed,

Her things are still with me, Soojin didn't see her at all, not able to inform her that her things are with me. It's been 8 years, I'm not losing hope that I might see her somewhere but how? What if she really hid? how can we find someone who is really hiding?

or what if she has a family on her own now? what if she doesn't want to meet me?
I felt sad thinking about it.

It's a rare thing for me to think of her because I'm so busy and tired with work, but sometimes her memories are still haunting me.

She's an unclosed chapter of my life.

Remembering her still stung my heart and still has an effect on me. Not as strong as it 8 years ago but still enough for me to feel sad.

I don't know, who knows, what would be the effect of seeing her again.

To be continued...

------

:MorphineDrip
27/02/2023
Published:03.07.23