Special Chapter

{A/N: short chapter
abt next gen. also let's
u know what happened
with Kai.}

[16 Years Later]
Uzumaki Residence

The front door slammed shut, the sound vibrating down the hallway causing the blond to lift his head from his spot at his desk. Naruto stood up and hoped whichever son of his had such an attitude during such a fine evening wasn't going to leash out their anger on him.

"Boruto?" he called out once he made it out into the hallway. There were a few grumbling words, but other than that no response came to him. He walked down to the entrance of his home and watched as his seventeen-year-old son had a fit with the rack beside the front door. "Mind explaining why you're trying to murder our shoe rack?"

"It ripped my jacket," Boruto bit out.

Naruto wanted to believe all his fuss was over something small and would be easily dismissed once he realized he'd have to pay for a new one if he broke it, but when his eyes lifted in his direction, he knew there was something deeper that was bothering him.

"Everything alright?" Hinata came out from the kitchen.

Boruto clenched his jaw, his eyes darkening further. "My mission's been confirmed."

"Yes," Naruto nodded. "I'm the one who confirmed it."

He didn't understand what the problem was. The mission he was granted leave on was something he'd been nagging him about for months. He figured he'd be happy about it, not upset. It was a faraway and undoubtedly long-term, something he'd very reluctant to grant for many reasons. The main one was the fact that he had no idea when he'd be back. He didn't know too much about the mission, only that it was something he "had to do" and Mitsuki was going along with him.

"Just..." Boruto gritted his teeth as if not wanting to say anything, but wanting nothing more than to get it off his chest.

"Come on," Hinata gestured for him to follow her. "Let's sit down."

The three sat in their living room, both parents watching as their son ran a frustrated hand over his face and then leaned back while unknowingly bouncing his foot nonstop. It was something his own father did while his nerves were on high.

"You don't have to say anything you don't want to, but we're here if there's anything at all," Hinata spoke the same way she did that made everyone around her crack. "Even if you don't want feedback, only ears to listen, we're here."

Boruto inhaled a deep breath that was released a bit shaky before he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped together.

"So, what's really bothering you?" Naruto encouraged. "You leaving or...?"

Boruto remained silent for what seemed like the longest dragged-out silence Naruto has ever been in. Not even Sasuke's brooding silences lasted this long, and with every second that dragged on, the more worried his wife became which in turn made him start thinking the worst.

"I..." Boruto finally started, his eyes on the floor. "Sarada and I got into a fight."

"Oh..." Hinata breathed out as she and Naruto relaxed a bit. They didn't like what he'd admitted, but it was better than what they feared.

"It was a big fight..." Boruto went on. "I've... We've never fought like that before and we both said a lot of things we didn't mean. At least, I know that I didn't mean them, but it was still messed up for me to say them and... I don't know."

"What did you two fight about?" Hinata asked.

"I leave next week," Boruto leaned back on the couch again with a flop. "She wants to come with us, but she can't."