Chapter 26

The three ninjas showed up to the Mizukage's place and went inside. Naruto was running up the stairs and opened the big doors to see the Hokage next to the Mizukage. Hinata and Chojuro ran up next to him and Naruto looked worried at Tsunade and said" I heard you needed to see me." She looked down and said" Yes, I had to pull a lot of strings in order for me to come here, with the village being the way it is. But I needed to tell you this in person." She looked sad and said" Iruka has been killed." Naruto's eyes shot wide and was quiet for what seem like forever. Hinata put a hand over her mouth and was in just as much shock. Tsunade finally said" He was scouting and an anbu force found him. He had wounds that led him to bleed to death. He had a scroll in his hands addressed to you." She walked over and handed it to him.

Naruto took the scroll, but was still in to much shock to say anything. After a few minutes Naruto asked" Was it the Akatsuki?" Tsunade then said" We don't know, but it doesn't seem like it. They would try to get information from him, but instead he was just killed." Naruto nodded and turned and said" Thanks for telling me, I'm gonna go now." Tsunade knew he wasn't taking this well, but there wasn't much she could do. She then said" I'm sorry Naruto, but this isn't your fault, no matter if you think it is." He then walked away. Hinata bowed to the Hokage and ran after him. She saw him walking slowly and softly called out to him and he stopped and slightly turned his head and said" Sorry Hinata, I just need some time alone. I'll meet you at home okay?" She didn't want to leave him alone, but she thought maybe he did just need some time alone. She said" Okay, I love you Naruto." He then just kept walking.

Hinata headed back to the apartment feeling sad in many ways. She felt sad because Iruka was her teacher as well. And she felt sad for Naruto knowing how close they were. He seemed to be the only one who cared for Naruto when he was younger and she even saw them get ramen together. She was worried about Naruto but felt like she would be a bother if she was with him at the moment. She got to the apartment and decided if he wasn't back in an hour she would go look for him. When she got home, it seemed empty and dark, she knew it was because Naruto wasn't there. She went to the window and looked out to see the moon, just hoping Naruto would be back soon. She felt a tear slide down her cheek knowing Naruto must feel so alone right now.

Naruto walked along a path through the village, not really knowing where he was going. He felt so lost and just wanted to be alone. He knew Hinata wanted to be with him, but all he could think about was Iruka and how much he wanted to be with him right now. Naruto kept walking till he found a lake with the moon shining over. He looked up to the moon and felt anger wash over him. He heard the fox in his head and he said" It's not your fault pup." Naruto then shot back" You don't know that! They could have been looking for me and if I was there, then maybe he would still be alive." The fox then said" And how would Hinata feel? Wouldn't she be you right now?" Naruto didn't answer, knowing the fox was right. Naruto then dropped to his knees and started punching the ground. He yelled out " It's not fair! I don't want to keep losing people." He kept punching with tears coming down his face.

Hinata saw Naruto punching the ground and ran up to him. She grabbed his arm and he wanted to keep punching, but Hinata kept him from it. She then cried out" Please, Naruto stop!" He then felt her wrap him in a hug from behind and he put his hand on hers and said" Please promise you won't leave me Hinata." She was pressed in his neck and whimpered" I promise Naruto, just please don't hurt yourself." Naruto stood up and said" Come on, let's go home." She stood up with him and they walked home. When they got there Naruto headed to the bathroom and Hinata heard the shower running. About ten minutes later Naruto was in the bedroom and he sat down on the bed. Hinata sat next to him and said" Naruto, did you read what Iruka Sensei had for you?" Naruto nodded no, and he said" I'll read it, if you read it with me in silence." She nodded and he opened the scroll.

"Dear Naruto, If you are reading this, I have moved on to the next life. I laugh each time I have to redo this scroll, because you have done so much. I guess this is the last time I have to do this. First, please don't be sad about my death, as I died with honor. I am a ninja and sometimes we have to make choices that will cost us our lives. I guess I should be honest here too, and say I didn't expect you to get this far as being the hero of our village. At least this young, you have done so much in such a short amount of time. As a teacher I am proud, but to be honest I felt like a parent proud of their son. I never had kids, but you were the closest thing to that and I really felt like you were a son to me. Sorry it that's weird to you, but I have to let me true feelings go on here. I heard about you and Hinata and was so happy to hear you guys were a couple. I knew she had a crush on you for awhile, and was wondering where it would go."

Naruto gripped Hinata's hand as he kept reading" I know you had a lot of pain growing up Naruto, and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you more. But I hope you know Naruto I am so proud of you, more then anybody I have ever known. You have overcome so much and wish I could be there to see you become Hokage. I know you will be the best one we've had because you are such a amazing person. I'm sure Hinata will know about this and tell her I'm proud of her as well, she has become so much more then I expected, and most of that is thanks to you. I would say to make sure to treat her right, but I already know you will. I guess finally thank you so much Naruto, for letting me a teacher to someone as great as you. Take care Naruto, and take care Hinata. I love you like a son and hope you will be as great as I picture you.

Naruto put the scroll down and began to cry, he couldn't help it, as Iruka was one of the most important people in his life. Hinata was crying to, feeling the pain of losing someone who was her teacher and also he praised her. Naruto laid down and kept crying, Hinata laid down beside him as he just hung on to her as he sobbed. Naruto just kept crying and Hinata couldn't help but cry with him. She just felt like her heart was breaking with Naruto, losing someone who was the closest thing to a dad to him. After about five minutes Naruto fell asleep and Hinata held him close to make sure he didn't feel alone. He was asleep and held on to her for dear life and she was more than happy to let him.